Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now we're going WAY back...1967 so, not many of you are going to know this song. Thx Sergio for indulging me with this....gr8 job bro!!!!:bowdown:

A little FYI...The Easybeats came out of Australia...one of the guitar players was a guy named George Young...older brother of Angus and Malcolm.

Attachments

·
excess to requirements
7,103 Posts
quality. you two always do the business. this is very cool. respect!!!!

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx vm guys and gal!!!:D Chris...yeah, I stumbled across Gary's version while I was searching for the origional to work from....it is killer. Also stumbled across a David Bowie version and a version by a group called Earth Quake. I haven't forgotten about our collab. I'm still looking for a backing with some dual guitar parts...I want our collab to be a monster!!:woot: If you (or anyone else) stumble across something...let me know!!!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,253 Posts
Y,know, I can't think of a single Wishbone Ash song or an Alman Brothers but I'm happy to learn either as it's a kick in the pants to learn something and be a bit fearful of getting it right. Then again...hows about 'Life In The Fast Lane'? Thats a guitar fest...about 12 of the buggers on it! And Serge could sing it! :afro:

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Life In The Fast Lane, huh? Now that's an idea worth looking into. In fact, I think Sergio may have brought that song up once before. Does that song have slide in it also?!?!?!:shock: :lol:

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,253 Posts
sgstd said:
Life In The Fast Lane, huh? Now that's an idea worth looking into. In fact, I think Sergio may have brought that song up once before. Does that song have slide in it also?!?!?!:shock: :lol:
I used to play it in a band years ago and neither of us did slide! I reckon I got by whereas 'Freebird' desperately needs slide! I have a backing track but have never heard it!!!!!!! Should I take a listen or what?
:afro:

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,842 Posts
wahwah said:
Y,know, I can't think of a single Wishbone Ash song or an Alman Brothers but I'm happy to learn either as it's a kick in the pants to learn something and be a bit fearful of getting it right. Then again...hows about 'Life In The Fast Lane'? Thats a guitar fest...about 12 of the buggers on it! And Serge could sing it! :afro:
I've been looking all over for a backing for Wishbones Jailbait, someone told me that there is a site sanctioned by Wishbone Ash that has some midis, but I haven't found it yet.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hi Guys!

Yall did an excellent job with this! The vox reminded me of Robert Plant in parts! And the guitars were fantastic! Grade A+

Janell

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
What's old is new; not sure I ever heard the original, but I've read lots of references to George Young and the Easybeats in my studies of AC/DC. Nice to finally hear one of their tunes. This was real quality work you guys. Very solid piece of production and well-performed!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.