Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Damn...this was alot harder than i thought.....fast notes are easy but the slow ones got to be perfect or it will sound like "squash". I tried to squash most of the "squash"...uh i better shut up and just let it run..thanks for listening

ps ..Satch always says some songs work live and some dont...well i would guess hes never played this one live....but i could be wrong.

remixed......

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
not sure why it still says 0 views when I refresh...

So man this has got to be tough to make sound good, Im impressed!!
Sure a lot of work went into this!! Great Job!

FatesWebb

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
This is probably my least favorite song on The Extremist, and it's still a kick-ass tune! (this whole album kicks). Did you play all guitars? Sounded thick, rich and full. I thought you did a great job on this, Joe. No complaints here. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
really KC...im surprised...the stretches are so freakin hard...i think im gonna have to redo....yes the backer had guitar but i didnt like it so i overlayed mine on top...thanks for all youe comments..it means alot

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i expected you to say what i feel.,..heres my comment on this.....good job...some of the stretches are a little off and its quite shaky it parts//...this is a song like "for the love of god" in that every part needs to be played like its being sung as one sentence ....which takes you being the writer or practicing it for weeks...i practiced it for 3 to 4 hours over a couple of days....it may come to me in the future but im done for now

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
yeah man tough song indeed you know some parts may not have been "perfect" but they were really all quite close to perfect. So I don't think anyone will be trying to say anything negative here on this one bro! Nice tone and great job covering a hard tune. I do have to agree though that this would be my least favorite song on the albumn....but it has now gained some cool points ha ha

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
have your hands recovered yet? lol. gr8 job, gr8 tone. what amp do you use.?

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my third and index are a little sore..lol...i was struggling with the recorded tone of the jsx so i switched to the line 6 flex 3xl which is always perfect..thanks alot Mike , Rytham, and flair

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Man this sounded good Joe!!!!! Once again a great cover!!!!

You almost had me talked into a JSX but then.... blasphemy. :D

Reactions: axeshredder

·
Airborne Warrior
699 Posts
well i thought it was truely brilliant, I love the song and definately keeping your version. Thought you did it great justice as it is completely nails too play with the conviction that you did

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i think you did an amazing job! :) the tone was alittle off but awesome job though :) im sure Satch would like it :D

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
one of the things i like best about this forrum is listening to you play some of my favorite satraini songs. i think you do a fantastic job and you play with so much feeling. i's not hard to see how much of an influance satch has had on you. i think you have a very live feel to your recordings. when i saw satch in milwaukee last fall he lit up the crowd with motorcycle driver from the extremist album. i would love to hear you play it sometime

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks alot ear..but im not the only one doing great Satriani covers here...there are many...but your compliment is much appreciated and i will check out Motorcycle Driver and see what i can do....i appreciate you spending the time to comment...as i hate typing too

To: Edenbridge
gtarxtrm
tony4552
rezamozaffarinia
Satchmo72
Thanks alot guys for checking this out and commenting. Hey Satchmo thanks for complimenting my line 6.....:grin: sorry i fooled ya...was not likeing the tone that wolfgang and jsx make together on the real high notes....i still need some experince setting it

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Lol

No problem man, the tone sounded really good. I was a bit surprised honestly, I was all ready to answer for ya and then Whammo, Line 6???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts