Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about the lack of volume in this file. You might need to turn it up a little to compensate. This is a mischeiviously frolicky tune. Needs some polishing, but is at least well enough along to call a demo.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was outstanding KC, really dig this, excellent job!!!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Good tune again KC. some wierd drum fx going on in stereo, is it a bt or your own creation?

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Cool stuff KC!!!...I heard it well(headphones rock!)...

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again you four (the Dynamic Sign Duo, Rain, and Goport).

Goport, This is all me in this recording. I programmed the drums on my Alesis drum machine. Regarding the stereo drum FX you are hearing: whenever I only have one guitar part (no harmonies or other guitar parts) I still like to give the final mix a bit of spread out sound. One way that I do this is to take a mono track and copy/paste it into another track but visually offset the two tracks by a miniscule increment and pan the two tracks to opposite speakers. Even though they are the same track, the slight difference in time and the stereo panning of the 2 creates a thick, stereo effect. I think that is what you might be referring to.

Rain, based on the above explanation of achieving this stereo effect, headphones are the best way to experience this technique!!! You should try to do theis effect with your vocals sometime. Sing a song and then dupe the vocal track to a second channel but offset them just a hair and pan them to the right and left. WIth your vocal style you could really spread out the sound a bit. Either that or just sing the same (or harmonied) vocal track twice, on 2 seperate tracks and pan them a bit to the right and left. I think this is how Ozzy does his vocals (or something similar) which is part of why his voice sounds so unique on his studio recordings. (IMO)

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for checkin it out EssGee and Zeppelina! This one needs a little cleaning up and developing (some bass and vocals, as you said SG), but that will happen after I get my new recording station computer in a couple of weeks (!). Can't wait to start cranking out the tunage in full multi-track glory!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts