Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting something light weight and easy to play for a while so I got the wild hair to build this. The body is from white pine ( not normally considered "tone" wood) but this peice was from a true 4"x4" from a pallet I picked up for project lumber. The Neck is from an 80's peavey patriot that I had stashed for whatever project needed it. The bridge is a modified vintage tremelo thats bolted straight to the body and will be string through when its finished. Pickup is something Zebra striped that was in the "box". With it being a 24 3/4" scale I had to change my normal math to make it work right.
It should end up being sorta slinky with plenty of sustain being string through.
The neck pocket ended up being nice and tight (with the help of a rubber mallet).
I still have to wire, string and set it up before I really know much more.
I'm thinking either leave it a natural blonde finish or maybe a whitewash stain to let some of the grain come through.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
looks awsome keith.. very impressive...let me know when ya get the wiz special addition done, and remember no stripes:lol: :lol:

G

·
looks like a broomstick with a pickup on it. :p

j/k. i like the colors of it, and the flame thing at the neck...nice idea. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts