Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ive read all the tutorials and theyve been extremely helpful by the way.

i only have a question about working with fruity loops.
once you get a midi file loaded into fruity loops and add teh soundfonts you want, how do you put individual effects on each track? i know its under FX but that does the whole mix....like say i wanted to put some reverb on drums by themselves?
also whenever i import a soundfont and play with it in the mix, i have to adjust the volume levels down sometimes....and if i restart the song it keeps reseting itself back to the same level..whichf is reallly annoying.
how do i make it stay at the same level? im trying to mix the song and do all the effects in fruity loops then load it into cool edit pro and record....

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
It's kinda hard to explain so, hopefully, this picture will help show how to assign individual effects...

Basically, you have to assign FX1, FX2, etc to the track and then load the effects for that parameter...if that makes any sense, lol.

The volume problem is something I've never figured out how to fix in Fruity Loops
Any time I have a midi that is programmed to change volumes, I usually use SynthFont since it handles that sort of thing better. I'm sure it can be done in FL....I just don't know how

·
Registered
573 Posts
Definitely a helpful shot PG.

I've never gotten around the whole volume resetting thing either.

Instead, I just export each individual track as an MP3 and mix/add effects in Cool Edit. I get alot better control there, plus I can layer different sondfonts onto the same track to achieve new sounds.

Quite often, I'll take something like one particular synth track and mix as many as three or four different fonts into it to come up with something much closer to the original recording than any one font that's available, (or that I can find).

Blending different kits is also REALLY helpful on drum tracks too.

Whoops!! - There goes some of my tricks - LOL!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[ QUOTE ]
PickUpTheBones said:
Definitely a helpful shot PG.

I've never gotten around the whole volume resetting thing either.

Instead, I just export each individual track as an MP3 and mix/add effects in Cool Edit. I get alot better control there, plus I can layer different sondfonts onto the same track to achieve new sounds.

Quite often, I'll take something like one particular synth track and mix as many as three or four different fonts into it to come up with something much closer to the original recording than any one font that's available, (or that I can find).

Blending different kits is also REALLY helpful on drum tracks too.

Whoops!! - There goes some of my tricks - LOL!!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that occured to me too....but i though it wouldnt work. when you record each individaul track, how do you syncronize them? just best guess it and move them till it sounds right?

·
Registered
573 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Pyro said:
yeah that occured to me too....but i though it wouldnt work. when you record each individaul track, how do you syncronize them? just best guess it and move them till it sounds right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Syncing the tracks is a snap really. - If I don't add a count in, then all the tracks start at the left edge at 0:00.000
If I do add a count then I just slide that yellow line to the right and build all the tracks off of it. Once I set the line for the left edge of the track I don't move it until all the tracks are in place.
It works like a charm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts