Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, of all the basic concepts of playing the guitar like your grip, left hand and right hand positions, how you should hold it etc. They all play an important role in rocking the guitar. Now I have been playing for 4 years and never really took much notice of all of that. But yesterday I went for a search on google and found this incredible site.

It explains basics as well as how to play with different styles of music, eg solo'ing or rocking. They both are an art in themselves. I have been playing around with my left hand positions and tilting the pick etc. And just for 1 day of playing with this new technique I can move more freely around the fretboard than I have ever in my 4 years of playing!

I recommend every guitarist have a look at this, ( you might already have) but, you might learn something. Its just amazing what something so little can have such a big effect on the overall sound coming from you.

Anyway this little google search has been great and I feel like I can extend my playing way more further because of the fast paced and free'er movement in my hands

Thanks Limnuy, hope you like it

http://www.guitarprinciples.com/Guitar_Technique/GuitarTechnique.htm

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
very helpful stuff there mate thanks very much for the info ,

alot of people (myself included) over look these things . .and some of them can be the difference between passing that barrier and playing faster or cleaner ...

the other big thing is RSI , poor technique can cause this so it's always good to have a good technique to reduce the chances of getting it !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts