Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this backer takes all the credit .....i recorded this with my "ss axeshredder" w/ the jb pickup......great for VH but listen to all the squeaks and clicks that were picked up in the recording...very annoying..lol

Attachments

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Superb......................great job. On a side note, I saw Joe Walsh on TV the other night and they asked him if he was teaching his son to play guitar, and he said absolutely not, it would drive him nuts........said he hired him a good teacher...........but then with his sense of humor you never know.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys....my band is doing this tune, and yes i needed a satch break...but this cover bands going to have me learning alot of stuff...hopefully some cool classics

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Rockin' rendition!!!!:woot: The James Gang used to play clubs in Cincinnati(where I grew up) a lot before they had their first album. Can't tell ya how many times I heard this live. Thx for the memories, bro!!!

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
wow what a class sound , the opening tone nearly tore my head off :blush: ,i dont hear the noise you talked off , if its there its not bugging me :scratch: killer tone , reminds me of a funky footloose . i for one like the finger slides , makes the tune come alive .i would off liked to hear you solo more over the funky middle bit dude , however this is bloody class ! :icon_thum

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
very cool!!!!!!! liked this lot, always one of my faves!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks very much everyone.....such kind comments are much appreciated.....i was thinking about adding some solo stuff, Bluesplayer, but on the second hand , i didnt want to mess with this great classic...glad yous dug it...Peace:icon_peac

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Axe, this deserves more than 5 stars. You did an awesome job on this. Just great! :icon_thum

Just got done watching the new Eagles DVD of their Farewell I Tour filmed in Sydney so I am in a Joe Walsh frame of mind.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I thought is was a kick ass tone and a fantastic job!! I think Joe is a diehard Fender fan (amps and guitars), but i liked this more "Marshally" tone as well!! Great job Axe!! :rock: :rock:

·
Musician
450 Posts
that was awesome, im wondering how do you get your tone?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts