Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

dutchguitarfreak vs gtarxtrm (5 votes to win)

• dutchguitarfreak

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • gtarxtrm

Votes: 5 71.4%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
kiss my axe
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i think it works now
you should just remove your song from the other thread
gtarxtrm and post it here:icon_thum
about my tune
its not so funky lol and it has few mistakes but oh well i had fun :notme:

good luck to you man :thumbup:

·
Registered
410 Posts
OK, here's mine. Great playing there dutchguitarfreak, pretty heavy and awesome tone as usual. Your interpretation of the backing track is the one that counts and the feel that you express in your guitar, and of course the joy of playing the guitar. Anyway, the backing track might not be funky at all, lol. I'd love to have the patch of your tone if you don't mind.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
gtrxtrm - every time I see your signature I'm like, "Hmmm...are you sure? Want to test that theory?"

·
Registered
410 Posts
nroberts said:
gtrxtrm - every time I see your signature I'm like, "Hmmm...are you sure? Want to test that theory?"
nroberts, hhhmmm, not sure where you're heading to on this? Do I smell a challenge here or you're just picking on me, (LMAO)???? Meet me at the battle challenge forum if that's the case, if not, then let me know if you want me to explain what I meant by that phrase and where I got it from. :icon_peac

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
gtarxtrm said:
nroberts, hhhmmm, not sure where you're heading to on this? Do I smell a challenge here or you're just picking on me, (LMAO)???? Meet me at the battle challenge forum if that's the case, if not, then let me know if you want me to explain what I meant by that phrase and where I got it from. :icon_peac
Ok, you record your guitar playing to a BT and I will video tape myself hacking shit up with various bladed weapons of varying degrees of sharpness (maybe I will chomp a car door or two) to the same music ... lets see what people find more entertaining :toothless

Maybe I can get a POS guitar and try to hack up a sword with it. Then I will try and hack up the guitar with the sword... Or I could use both as they are supposed to be used...I'll play music with the guitar at the sword and see if it breaks...then I will play sword at the guitar... :lol:

·
Registered
410 Posts
nroberts said:
Ok, you record your guitar playing to a BT and I will video tape myself hacking shit up with various bladed weapons of varying degrees of sharpness (maybe I will chomp a car door or two) to the same music ... lets see what people find more entertaining :toothless

Maybe I can get a POS guitar and try to hack up a sword with it. Then I will try and hack up the guitar with the sword... Or I could use both as they are supposed to be used...I'll play music with the guitar at the sword and see if it breaks...then I will play sword at the guitar... :lol:
I'm not sure if you are trying to be humorous at my expense and make fun with my phrase, if so, that's not too cool for me. OK, I'll leave this alone for now 'cause I'm at work and no time for this and I don't want this thread to get smeared because this battle is made for guitar battle not sarcasm. Like I said, you're taking my phrase into context and if you want me to explain the history of that phrase I'll be willing to explain it to you in a very solemn manner. I am still cool at this point.;) If you are offended regarding the phrase I have on my signature, I apologize, but no harm intended to anyone.

·
Registered
209 Posts
very very cool stuff man :afro: ..i could feel the funk...... :bannana_g this is gonna be a difficult choice.....

ps.shameless advertising:check out my battle with dong too :p we need some more votes

·
Registered
410 Posts
dutchguitarfreak said:
hey gtrxtrm

i like your piece man and i like the sound you use
sounds good :thumb:
offcourse i can sent you my patch
i use a guitarport so if u use one too it will be no problem :dance:
Thanks! I have a POD XTL and it uses guitarport as computer interface. If you could PM it to me, I really appreciate. I just like your heavy tone with rich harmonics and would like to try it out how it sounds on my rig.

·
Registered
410 Posts
bluepowder said:
very very cool stuff man :afro: ..i could feel the funk...... :bannana_g this is gonna be a difficult choice.....

ps.shameless advertising:check out my battle with dong too :p we need some more votes
Thanks blue for stopping by. I also checked out yours and dong's battle, you guys did really well ... it seems like you all the votes so far. Goodluck to both of you!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Both are good! But i had to go with DGF, cause to my ears the tone & phrasing is more suitable for the song. Well done guys!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
great tone as usual dutch! killer licks!

gtarxtrm, great job!! i love ur style! very unpredictable.. i love the way u phrase ur notes...

great battle!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks to everyone who listened and commented. Special thanks to nroberts for the backing track.

dutchguitarfreak, thanks for the battle man. Your tune really rocks IMO!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts