Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G3 is always an exciting experience for myself, and im sure, many other people here at G101. Obviously the big mystery is who are going to be the guitarists in the roster for the tour. Since there is probably going to be another G3 tour soon, i figured that it would be nice to have a little discussion about who the 3 guitarists that tour should be or at least, who tours with Vai and Satriani.

Personally, I like Satriani and Vai in their two slots permanently with room for one alternate. The kind of lineup i'd like to see would be something like this:

1.) Joe Satriani. Steve Vai. Andy Timmons (he seems to be getting quite a bit of attention lately with his new album and is very unique.)

2.) JS. SV. Neal Schon w/o Journey.

Not too into Schons early solo career, but I o U had some great instrumental tracks.

3.) JS. SV. Marty Friedman.

This probably wouldn't happen, but i can still hope:biggthump . Marty may seem a bit out of place because he's not really a shredder IMO. Even so, he's probably my favorite selection for the third slot with Timmons at a very very very close second.

Anyway, I just wanted to see who you guys think should be on the next tour:thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alright, here we go.......... Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, and (drum roll please) ....... George Thorogood!!!!! :)

OK OK..... bad joke. Seriously, I realize Vai has no business on stage with .......... sorry couldn't even finish that thought :)

For real... I'd like to see Richie Kotzen on the G3 tour. Programmed drums aside, I absolutely LOVE his "Change" and "Slow" albums. Amazing!!! A shredder (former?) with a genuine voice and soulful songwriting chops. Not for everyone I'm sure, but they've been a part of my regular rotation for months.

If Richie's busy, maybe a blast from my highschool days, say...... George Lynch or Jake E. Lee (wonder what he's doin' ?).

·
I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,799 Posts
Well.....and this is just a thought.....but IF Vai doesn't tour G3 this time, I would LOVE to see him doing the Zappa gig.... Johnny Hiland would be exceptional!!! He's already on Vais label, and he is a monster player!!! Also, whatever happened to Michael Lee Firkins????:thumb:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh I can't believe that I forgot to mention Johnny A with Steve and Joe. Some people may have dismissed his CD as too laid back perhaps, but if you saw this guy live, then you know that he can BURN. There is Hendrix written all over his playing and he's got alot of really awsome grooves too :biggthump .

·
Registered
283 Posts
I hope Vai is with G3 on this tour, but i would like to see something like this:

Satch:
Vai:
Steve Morse:

Satch:
Vai:
Eric Johnson: (i really loved the original lineup)

Satch:
Vai:
Brian May:

I would say Blackmore, but i know that will never happen:theyareon

·
Registered
12 Posts
A passing thought........ how 'bout Steve Stevens? Of course, they'd have to add another semi to the convoy just for his pedals, but man that guy could/can make some amazing noise. I recommend "Devil's Playground"!!!!! Time to go find my toy lazer gun and "cry more, more , more" :)

·
mmmmm.............Beer!!!
695 Posts
Satch, Vai and......any one of....Doug Aldrich, Reb Beach, Paul Gilbert, Andy Timmons, Michael Lee Firkins.

And for an outside bet - Wahwah Watson!!!!:thumb:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.