Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Gabor vs chrisguitargod (10 votes to win)

• Gabor

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • chrisguitargod

Votes: 10 71.4%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice Job!

Sounded a lot like a satriani the extremist record, especially the track (why)
But i can also hear some John P going on.
waiting for chris :dance:

·
Registered
81 Posts
two really good tunes. It's a matter of taste on this battle i think.

:afro:

I can't vote still, but i'll try.

I thought chris's tune was slightly better; more melody and more meaning in the solo. :thumb:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah kippy, you're probably right... congratulations chris,very nice! you're a beast :D cool solo-theme. :bowdown:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey Gabor where you a little inspired by the satriani track Why from the extremist, its a real cool track? Your tune has a little of the feel from it?

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
both are awesome tracks....very talented players here......having a hard time....i want to vote for Gabor cause hes my friend but Chris has a relaxed smooth approach that reminds me of my favorite guitar master.....both of you rule!

·
Registered
575 Posts
thankyou everyone for voting and leaving comments. you make this site what it is.. awsome. this was the first song i wrote when i got my carvin legacy i guess that amp inspired me to write this. how about thyis for an idea,,,,,, team battles where 2 people write and play a track against another 2.. we would get some very intresting results.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Both tracks were really fun to listen to, I'm a huge fan of guitar harmonies, so both tracks defintely scratched that itch.

Production wise, I think chrisguitargod's mix was a bit 'crisper'. I REALLY like the rhythm guitars, the way they stand out in the mix, but are widely separated so the melody guitars can sit right in between. On a side note, please tell me how you do that!!

As far as the tracks go, I really enjoyed listening to all the little quirky things going on in the background on Gabor's track. You clearly thought out the little whammy dives, and other guitar nuggets and for me, it makes for an interesting listening experience - I have to listen to these kinds of tracks many times to catch everything! I thought the rhythm guitars were too quiet and not punchy enough - if they were brought out more like they were on Chris' track, I think this would totally smoke! Maybe a little less kick drum too...Of course that's my personal taste, so take it for what it's worth.

I went with Gabor on this one - but again, both songs were totally pro and really hard to find any fault with either track. Thanks for sharing :icon_thum

-dc

·
Registered
575 Posts
DrCode said:
Both tracks were really fun to listen to, I'm a huge fan of guitar harmonies, so both tracks defintely scratched that itch.

Production wise, I think chrisguitargod's mix was a bit 'crisper'. I REALLY like the rhythm guitars, the way they stand out in the mix, but are widely separated so the melody guitars can sit right in between. On a side note, please tell me how you do that!!

-dc
hi drcode. i played the rythem guitars twice and panned them hard left and right and the lead guitar was left in the middle i used 6 mics on my cab all at different angles i didnt eq or compress anything, the sound you hear is raw carvin legacy tone. gabor is a great player, i loved his track as well :bannana_g

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well, congratulations chris,it look like you won this battle! you're a very talented player,i hope that i'll reach that level... i've just wish that i'll play like you... thyanx again for this battle, it was a pleasure to battle someone with those skills... kkep on rockin' :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Gabor said:
well, congratulations chris,it look like you won this battle! you're a very talented player,i hope that i'll reach that level... i've just wish that i'll play like you... thyanx again for this battle, it was a pleasure to battle someone with those skills... kkep on rockin' :)
thanks for the battle gabor. you are one of the best players on this site i hope to hear more tunes from you soon, your song (changes) now sits proudly in my cd collection,,,, thanx again,,,,,,,,,,,,,chris:bannana_g

1 - 15 of 15 Posts