Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Dammit you beat me - I was gonna do another but you have pretty much the same thing going on. I had a harmony riff at the beginning too. Great minds think alike huh?
Anyway, top playing, KC will love it

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry bro....I just threw this together this evening. Yes...gr8 minds do think alike...do ya know where I can get one???
Thx a lot for the kind words!!!
Be sure and post yours...can't wait to hear it!!

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Holy Sweet Harmonies, Batman! Loved that intro and outro. The "call-and-response" melodies in the outro were really cool. I love that technique. This was a perfect blend of emotive playing, slippery smooth leads and highly polished tone. I don't think that I could have done this any better. The heavy-flanged first lead reminded me a lot of Joe Satriani's playing from the album Not of This Earth, both in tone and playing. And your playing as a whole in this track reminds me of Frank Gambale, which of course works perfectly since this jam was inspired by a Frank Gambale tune. Seriously SG, this was a top-notch lead composition and performance. I listened to it 5 times!

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Goport said:
Dammit you beat me - I was gonna do another but you have pretty much the same thing going on.

[/ QUOTE ]
GoPort, please finish your version and post! I would love to hear your version, particularly since we both have a heavy Rush influence. This is really, really cool for me to hear all these great players throwing down their own take on this. Because of the looped nature of this backer, I would love to collect a number of versions from you guys and then i could collage the best parts from everyone's versions together into a "sampler" track, then post the results. That would be cool.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Sling Shot said:
Nice job sgstd,, I think I like yours better than mine

[/ QUOTE ] I don't think either is better than the other, just different approaches, which is what I find most interesting.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
ARRRGH! yous want me to post mine? I just listened back to it and it sounds pretty poor (red wine too blame
) hang on I'll start a new thread Gamballing III - one of a series

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
It's outstanding SG!! I would swear I hear a meld of Satch and Beck in there...awesome harmonies!! Love the clarity of your tone...man...you could be a hall of famer guitarist in disguise!! I want backstage passes to any of your upcomming shows!

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thx for the kind words bro...but I think you meant to say "hall of shamer"
As for the backstage passes...you got 'em...just pull into my driveway and give my wife the secret code word.

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Ah sounds great.....I did not have the time to record yesterday...no mic's in the house and the computer was bogged down in a mixdown session:(

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
This tune really brings images of those deserted highways running through the desert outside of Vegas. Seeing how you live in Vegas I guess the feel of the landscape has seeped into your fingers.

This is a wonderful post, fantastic playing!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.