Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On request I have been asked to post my disjointed attempts at playing over KC's Gambale influenced BT. Which is not gonna sound anything like FG because I have never heard him

The first half is pretty straight ahead rock stuff but I kind of run out of ideas on the second so I just started playing with my guitar synth presets - I sort of like it but my taste is a little ... different from most

The only thing I never got round to doing was bringing the staight ahead guitar back n to finish it. Oh yeh, some of the tuning is out cos the tremolo is knackered (even more than it was 4 days ago after this
)

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Sounds good man...tuning like ya said was a bit on the bends but I liked the synthy stuff as well. I did something similar a few weeks ago-just got some odd tones out of the POD and went for it. Makes a nice change from the usual tones we live with. Good work man.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Awesome job GoPort. It is amazing to me how differently you 3 (so far) have approached a lead for this jam. The intros of this and SG's jams are similar, but only in the fact that you both did harmonies, which I am a huge fan of. I read an article one time about a tribute to Smoke on the Water that was done with a large variety of musicians and Alex lifeson mentioned something to the effect that by the time he got involved with the collaboration, most of the main framework of the guitar parts was alreadty laid out so he had to get creative to add his own personal touch to the mix. This is what I think about your version. I really, really liked the synth sound stuff that emerged during the second half of this recording. Very interesting. Makes me wish I had one of those POD thing (isn't that what you used for this). There is a 10-secong run in the middle of this that sounds very Alex-Lifeson like, which obviously puts a smile on my ears.
Thanks for submitting this. I can hear the collage building. I think I better try and take a stab at this recording this weekend and post the results. Again, nice work on this.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Does have a Lifeson type progressive groove to it. I very much liked what you did. It's excellent! Great tones and harmonies..!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers chaps

KC, Pod?
no mate I use a VG-88. Actually I don't have nothing against the pod (I am thinking of buying one) but this system does pretty much everything I ask it to. Including open tunings without retuning. It is pretty cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts