Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, well, I posted this in the Jam Room area, and have received no bites for a number of days, so I am going to post in here instead. This is a 3-minute loop of a Riff I was jamming out the other day. I already hear a bassline and subtle keyboard part along with this (which I will add later), but thought I would see if anyone might catch a wave on soloing to this boogie. Any takers????

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
when snot is not pouring out of my nose and my head doesn't feel like a jack hammer is pounding on it.....I would like to try

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Mike4beka said:
when snot is not pouring out of my nose and my head doesn't feel like a jack hammer is pounding on it.....I would like to try

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, pouring snot can be distracting whilst trying to nail a good lead. But after that is cured, YES, give it a go!!! (hell, you are the only taker on this track in the last 5 days since I posted it).

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I never saw this in the jam room......are you rolling your own these days?

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
VHfanOU812 said:
I never saw this in the jam room......are you rolling your own these days?

[/ QUOTE ]
Rolling my own????

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I missed it as well. Has a Gambale feel imo...i can hear the lead lines in my head as I am typing. The backing is a bit low volume, but that's easily correctable. I will download it to jam to and practice expanding my horizons with. Nice job man!!

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright! Yes, you are correct with your Gambale reference. I was trying to learn the basic chord progression for the Frank Gambale tune, Little Charmer, and I got off on a tangent. So basically this is the BT for Little charmer, with the bassline turned down low, and I play the first two chords of the tune but changed the second half of the riff. I struggled with putting it in the "Originals" section, because two chords were his and three chords were mine, so that's why I called it "Gamballing." You know, like I was just "Gamballing" around a bit.

Anyway, I totally look forward to what you might come up with while jamming out to this.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
...damn..I thought it was about SG who is a pro golfer...

Hey man..I am just an accordion player and singer of Italian Love songs...
Seriously...SG is a prison guard...that's where i met him....
(ahhh....another poor attampt at a joke)...Gambale is killer!!! You did him justice!!

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
i dug it. i just may try some soloing, and see if my bud max wants to put some keys on it. Hope i can do it justice!! nice work KC-your a gr8 talent on this site.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Flair. Please do take a stab at a lead for this and ask your bud if he want to do some keys. That would really be cool to hear.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Sling Shot said:
I'm going to mess with this too, Fenderica has been sleepin all day time to wake her!

[/ QUOTE ]Wake that bitch up and make her get to work!
Looking forward to hearing the results.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man, Sling Shot, i am impressed. No kidding. Not because of any monster chops explosion or anything like that, but because of the very tasteful playing....and the quick turn-around! When I left work, you had just left a message that you were thinking about laying down a lead. By the time I get home you had already posted this! I must admit that when you said you were going to take this on, I was a little worried that I might not like it, because this is so far removed in style from anything I am used to hearing you play (I mean, this sounds more like Metallica than Steely Dan
). But this really turned out really good.

[OK, finished listening to it the first time. Am now listening to it again]

It reminds me a lot of how I would have approached this. I do not possess very many lightning fast chops like some of the other players on this site, so i usually resort to playing something more conceptual to maintain a listener's interest. The picking style/tempo, tone and the ending slide-down chord of the main riff of yours sounds very much like guitar parts I have come up with before. This part actually sounds kind of Chinese. i like it.

And then you tear into that blistering fuzz lead. Great trail-off delay/reverb during the breaks. I think this recording is proof that you can hang with some of the more agressive players.

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Thats right KC back off my lightning fast chops LOL ........JK .....hey SS great job on this man.....I loved it......SWEET COLLAB you two

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
WOW glad ya like it , and yes I always worry weither or not my style will be to others likeing. But ya know I have been hammering away at this for over 4 decades and if I didn't learn anything else it is that ya got to please yourself first, then if anyone likes it ,,,well its iceing on the cake. I never claim to know more than anyone else about music, but I have played in every type of band there is over the years and it is just like this site, ya just never know what people are going to like, it always surprises me! Thanks for lettin me have a go at it! Catch ya later.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Holy Mackeral!! I am very impressed with this!!! Sling...

That was amazing!! KC...your foundation made for a great spontanious colab!! Great job sincerely!!

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Hey Mike and Serg! Thanks , sometimes something comes along ya just got to grab it. This is a great backing from KC, I couldn't screw it up if I tryed!

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Ah nice back....and SlingShot.....wow!
I downloaded the track...will see if I can get something done before the weekend kicks in.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts