Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Metal head
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This German band is one of my first metal "listenings" along Helloween (its predecesor), and Blind Guardian...Kai Hansen is an amazing axeman, and its musical influence and legacy in the power metal realm are very present among newer bands...I love the heavy riffs, and those tones, pure metal....Any other fans of them around here??:rock:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Powerplant!!! :rock:

Only album i have by them........ but fucking awesome!

Heavy metal universe! :lol:

·
Metal head
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL!! I love that song...not because of the funny lyrics, (very 80's) but because of the F Awesome riffs and solos...is an awesome song. I have their albums Heading for tomorrow and Blast from the past...they knew how to have fun ...i love their melodies for sure...

·
Thunder from the East
2,039 Posts
i love gamma ray .. and i like blind guardian too ;) btw i covered a few blind guardian tunes.. maybe i`ll post some day :D

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
The thing that sucks me in with gamma ray, is the minor verses with major (and anthemic :D ) choruses. They have just the right amount of cheese to make the songs really enjoyable.

·
Metal head
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's about the same thing as Helloween!!! Beautiful anthems, and grandiouse musical arrangements...talking about cheese, have you heard Heavy Metal Universe?? I don't have that album -PowerPlant- but i heard the song on a compilation, and though the lyrics are a bit 80's with tendency to cheese, i was amazed with the solo and the riffs....
mab8485 said:
The thing that sucks me in with gamma ray, is the minor verses with major (and anthemic :D ) choruses. They have just the right amount of cheese to make the songs really enjoyable.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
I always thought Helloween were a bit too 'Maiden' for me. I didn't think they were as original as a lot of stuff sounded too like Maiden. The only real power metal I have liked has been Dream Theater who I worship...and only some of their stuff could be classed as Power Metal. :thumb:

·
Thunder from the East
2,039 Posts
wahwah said:
I always thought Helloween were a bit too 'Maiden' for me. I didn't think they were as original as a lot of stuff sounded too like Maiden. The only real power metal I have liked has been Dream Theater who I worship...and only some of their stuff could be classed as Power Metal. :thumb:
lol dreamtheather powermeatl? :lol: yeah rgt.. more like progressive metal:icon_thum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts