Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok slam meand slap me around, i know, this will be a really stupid question.. but, I want to (after failed attempts at first), record from mic'n up an amp, but I dont know the best way of going about doing it :D to sum it up, ill just ask a couple questions:

1: I already know what mic o get (gona ge a 57 most likely), but what would I need to connect it to my computer?

2: I was looking at V-amp (newbie question, get rdy), but is it a reording device, or do I need a seperate device to record it with the V-amp? thnx lol

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
you can get good results mic'ing amps and a sm57 is a good way to go. you will have to route it either direct into your line in on the soundcard or maybe through a mixer the to sound card. the V-Amp is a amp and cabinet modeler/simulator (as in Virtual Amp I guess). It is great for recording and cheap too :) simply run it into the line in any you are away.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
A SM57 is a good mic for the price, but if you are going to run it into a PC, you should really use a mic preamp...to will sound a lot better.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks both of ya :D will help me spend my 300 from christmas much easier (and ebay ;)), I knew if I waited long enough someone would reply :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts