Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Gibson Faded Flying V Investment?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sonofafitch 
#1 ·
I bought a gibson faded flying v about a year ago and i would rather play my strat. do you think the gibson will be worth hanging on to or should i just sell it. i dont see my self ever playing it but i love the way it looks on the wall, and i would hate to get rid of it if it will be worth something in 20 years. thanks

#2 ·
Faded V

I bought a '74 V back in '75 and loved playing it until someone broke in and stole it in 1982. Thought I wanted to kill someone. I have an '82 Strat that I love, but would give it up in a minute to get my '74 back. Haven't played a new one so can't say how they play.

Anyway to answer your question, I don't know if the faded gibsons will increase in value like the rest, but I'm sure they will appreciate somewhat. Guess it all depends on the potential buyer years from now. Why not sell it and buy what you want now, then hold on to it. If you ain't playin' it it's a waste.

Just an opinion and like most they're only as good as the giver ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.