Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
it all depends on what tone you want and everything........

·
Registered
733 Posts
Edenbridge said:
it all depends on what tone you want and everything........
this is true. to put it simple, gibsons(most of them) are made with humbucking pickups which have a fuller thicker heavier tone. mostly geared for rock, heavy stuff, blues, etc.
most fenders are made with single coils which have a more biting cutting snarling tone. they are more commonly used for blues and country(twang). although you can get fenders with humbuckers.
besides that theyre are other differences. frets, neck size, scale length, tuners, etc.

imho if you are a beginner i would get neither...unless you want to spend money for the names. you could look into getting a cheaper copy of the same guitar that would be just as good.
both of them are essentially vintage collectors items. if you buy either one you will have a very fine instrument, but you will also have a valuable one. it just depends on what you want.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am a beginner it’s been 5 month I started to learn playing, and now I wanna like get a better guitar and amp. But I only have 1000$ and I live in Georgia and its near Russia, here I can't buy a guitar, so I have to go to Germany for that.
And can you ppl help me choosing cool gear?
thx

·
Registered
3 Posts
I personally like Jacksons and Gibsons.I have been wanting to get a Jackson RR1 or RR3 and a Warrior.The RR1 is a little over $1000,but the RR3 is like half the price for the same guitar basically.The Warrior can be found for under $500.Gibson's are also awesome.The faded SG is one of my favorites.And any kind of Les Paul Standard or Special totally rock!!!!!!!But a lot of Gibson's are very expensive.Depending on your choice of music,I would get a Jackson for rock/metal because of the double locking tremelo arm (whammy bar).Good Luck,I hope that helped

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you're talking to me,yes I have an amp.I really want a Jackson.My amp is just a Fender Frontman 25R.But ur probably not talking to me.So don't yell at me if yer not!!!lol

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
giorgy_saldadze said:
i wanna buy a guitar but i can't choose wich

gibson, or fender?
can you ppl help me?
dont buy buy name! Play em...try the cheaper ones youll be surprised...but if youve got bucks ya cant lose with a $2000 Gibson Les paul

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
axeshredder said:
dont buy buy name! Play em...try the cheaper ones youll be surprised...but if youve got bucks ya cant lose with a $2000 Gibson Les paul

you call 2000 cheap? that aint cheap......your better off spending 1000 on a Ibanez Prestige. maybe even something cheaper......

·
Registered
733 Posts
giorgy_saldadze said:
I am a beginner it’s been 5 month I started to learn playing, and now I wanna like get a better guitar and amp. But I only have 1000$ and I live in Georgia and its near Russia, here I can't buy a guitar, so I have to go to Germany for that.
And can you ppl help me choosing cool gear?
thx
giorgy_saldadze said:
and if your talking to me, well..... i have a bullshit 10watt amp.
why not get a guitar and an amp? by the way theres nothing wrong with having small amp.
if it was me here and i was a beginner with your $$, i would shoot for a epiphone g-400 sg(round $450) and maybe a smaller marshall or fender amp. the g400 is very very nice guitar.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
axeshredder said:
Well, you can loose the use of your arm after the weight of the guitar puts it to sleep :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
axeshredder said:

yes you can : bad tuners, no floyd rose, heavey wood, not alot of different sounds ... 2000 $ wich can easaly be beaten by a 700$ Jackson

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
SemiShred said:
yes you can : bad tuners, no floyd rose, heavey wood, not alot of different sounds ... 2000 $ wich can easaly be beaten by a 700$ Jackson
LOL it's 2005 not 1985 not everyone wants a floyd rose to do whammy dives . your welcome to a 700 buck jackson ! if you've ever owned a gibson and played it for a long period of time you'd realise how ridiculous that statement is .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Naifuzan said:
I totally agree with axe here. Dont decide on a certain guitar or brand before you've even played 'em.
The best way, I think, is to go to a music store and try out a bunch of guitars to see wich ones you like.
there is no music store here, in Georgia....:((

1 - 20 of 36 Posts