Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres my slash impersonation :toothless ...i wanted to make it a little more grungy. also kinda did my own solo. enjoy.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Wow this kicked major fckin ass, killa job, a defineite keeper!! :icon_thum :icon_thum :rock: :rock:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Matt this was the best version i have heard of this tune!!!!...I love the way you made it your own hun....that is the best way to be!!!!...The solo soooooo fits it...This is my all fav u have done so far..You really did your thang hun!!!!...You deserve the stars for this..You should be proud hun..I am!!!!:D :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow thanks for all the replies. TJ, Rain, Rakun.. i just left the intro out...couldnt figure out the delay settings. :notme:that intro was wierd anyway...lol :D Rain, thankyou for the stars, and your good comment. :icon_thum i was kinda afraid people wouldnt like my different approach. lol.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rakun said:
Can you share with us your equipment ?
sure. i just used my ibanez w/duncans played through a korg AX1500 processor and a danelectro compression box. the drums and bass were made from midi using soundfonts.
also did the EQing, mixing, mastering with cool edit pro.

G

·
that is really cool. Welcome to the jungle is actually the gnr song i least like but this still sounds tip top! :rock:

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Holy smokes! This cover kicks butt! killer job! Your korg sounds killer man! I have a Korg Ax1g that sounds pretty good also. Hats off to ya on this. I like this better than Guns's version myself too! :rock: :confused: :thumb:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks david and scott. korg is the stuff. :icon_thum

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rakun said:
was it direct recording, or with a mic and amp?

once again, it sounds grand.
direct recording through line-in on soundcard. just ran the processor straight into the pc.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts