Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm looking for a good quality chorus, does anyone have any suggestions? The only chorus pedal I've heard good things about is the Boss CE-2, but that's long been discontinued. What do you guys think? Also, I have a question about the MXR Flanger, when you first kick it on, say it sweeps from low to high, then you kick it off. When you turn it back on will it pick back up in the cycle where it left off and sweep back from high to low, or does it reset everytime you turn it off? The reason I ask is because I recently bought a Boss Flanger and though it sounds decent it resets everytime you turn it off, so if I were wanting to use it for the sweeping effect on Unchained it will only sweep low to high everytime if you know what I mean.

·
David Gilmour's 2nd
1,776 Posts
CE-2 is the real way to go man. Check ebay there always on there. Not really sure about your flanger. I got a mistress

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have a wide range of Boss chorus tones/sounds in my Boss GX700 and I like them alot, but I really got hung up on the DOD Icebox Chorus...this is a great (and cheap) chorus pedal imo. Good versatility and very wide range of sounds. A few other pedals have huge ranges, but half of them aren't usable for anything, the Icebox seems to be pretty decent all the way around. Some people have a grudge against DOD pedals since they aren't the most durable, but with a little TLC and a decent pedal board to protect it, I've had a few DOD pedals for a while now and they are all just like they were when I bought them. Cheers! ~DJ Snoo~ :jam:

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
If you can dig up that old purple Ibanez or the RC-99 chorus, they are very good underrated units.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts