Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been playing acoustic guitar for 4 months and I've played my friend's electric guitars and I really want to buy one. I've also been playing piano for about 6 years(don't know if that means anything). Any advie would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
some quality first electric guitars would be:
yamaha pacifica 112
squire affinity strat
epiphone les paul
samick
aria..
there are many more budget quality electric guitars around..
just check out the websites of those companies.. also u must try the guitar out before buying

hope this helps

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Squier Strat
There is a several hundre dollar difference between the Strat and an Eiphone Les Paul, so if cost is a factor, and since you are new to guitars it should be, I would recommend the Strat as well.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If ya can't get a hold of an RG, look for an Ibanez GRX20. They cost about the same as a Squier Strat but they are way better. Stays in tune a lot better than a Squier, plus has more frets than a Strat
They also have a GRX40 which is the same thing with two single coil pickups instead of two humbuckers.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I have to agree with WahWah and EJ. GO squier.An early model if you can find one. As far as them being poop on a stick, thats one persons opinion. Properly set up they are a superb guitar. Another option I am sure EJ would agree with is the OLP MM1. Both alot of bang for your buck.As andrew said, play it before you pay for it.
VGB

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks, I went to the store and tryed out the squier strat, yamaha pacifica, ibanez RG(can't remember the model, but it cost $200), and the epiphone les paul special. The two I thought fit me best were the yamaha and the epiphone. The Yamaha is slightly cheaper, but I don't think price is a huge issue since there all pretty low cost guitars. I just have to find some amps now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts