Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys, my baby finally showed up last night after hastles with payment but here is a pic, pretty big 1mb or something but its good quality so check it out :D

Limnuy

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
stingx said:
Oh yeah, man! That is quite the looker. Post sound clips please.
Yea sure man, im working on my own song atm.. but Im gonna need to buy a new sound card for my comp to record it... or some other means of recording.... I dont have any FX processors only an Ibanez DS7 and the preamp modelling on the V-ampire I have. I think it might have an output lead though so ill run through it

EDIT: Can I run a line from my headphones jack on my amp to my comp? or wont that work..

·
Registered
240 Posts
is that one actually neck thru? or set neck? i was looking at another natural finish SZ, and the guitar was pretty awesome, but i turned it over, and looked at the nice contoured neck heel, and low and behold, it was set neck... very disappointing... it was real similiar to urs in fact, had those duncan ibanez pups, had the tune-o-matic, i don't remember the inlays but i know it wasn't simple dot inlays...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Elysian said:
is that one actually neck thru? or set neck? i was looking at another natural finish SZ, and the guitar was pretty awesome, but i turned it over, and looked at the nice contoured neck heel, and low and behold, it was set neck... very disappointing... it was real similiar to urs in fact, had those duncan ibanez pups, had the tune-o-matic, i don't remember the inlays but i know it wasn't simple dot inlays...

whats the difference? set neck? thru neck?

·
Registered
240 Posts
limnuy said:
whats the difference? set neck? thru neck?
set neck is cheaper at the cost of tone and sustain... thru neck is the best way to go... some people can't hear the difference, some can...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Elysian said:
set neck is cheaper at the cost of tone and sustain... thru neck is the best way to go... some people can't hear the difference, some can...
Yeah but is there a way I can tell? like visual or anything?

its not a bolt on neck if thats what you mean, all 1 peice joined up

·
Registered
240 Posts
if the back of the guitar is painted then no... if its not painted then yes, theres a way to tell... if the neck continues straight back all the way thru the guitar its neck thru, if u can see a line in between the body and the neck and it looks like a bolt on glued into place its set neck...

·
Registered
200 Posts
what does painted have to do with it ?

to be simple :
set neck : like gibson (LP's)
neck thru's : like Jackson Soloists (man they rock)
bolt on : like fender strats

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Elysian said:
if the back of the guitar is painted then no... if its not painted then yes, theres a way to tell... if the neck continues straight back all the way thru the guitar its neck thru, if u can see a line in between the body and the neck and it looks like a bolt on glued into place its set neck...
well here is a picture if that helps....

·
Registered
240 Posts
nope, thats set neck. as u can see in the picture i added a red line where the joint is, u can just barely see it in the origional pic... its just like the SZ's i saw at the music store in respects to the joint...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Tight man tight! I love that purple color!

Rj

1 - 20 of 23 Posts