Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4,025 Posts
wahwah said:
I'm up for some singing...haven't got time this week to co-ordinate it all but if we follow the usual rules regarding communication, recording etc, we'll prolly be alright. Keep me posted. :D
I'm on vacation (that's holiday for you guys that don't speak english:icon_mrgr) next week so I will be the coordinator.

I'll download the BT and start a new thread. Can someone e-mail me the original so I can get some idea of what's going on?

· Registered
4,025 Posts
rain said:
I think this a great idea!!...I might be up for some vox...:whistling ...well,,,we gots to get the ball rollin...lol
We are going to get the ball rollin as soon as someone sends me an mp3 of the original POS so I can figure out how to slice things up.

· Registered
4,025 Posts
I now have the BT and the original version....please stand by while I disect this piece of crap.

I assure you the guitars101 version will be much better! Hell my dog could put together a better version of this tune.:doh:

· Registered
4,025 Posts
Attention all singers....I have listened to this track and here are my thoughts.

This thing is basically vocals....not much room for guitar...so the focus will be on singing.

With all the harmonies and overlays on the vocals....it has the real potiential to be a major clusterF.....because nobody can hear each other in cyberspace.

The only way I see to track this thing is to get one of our strongest singers (as far as pitch) to sing the entire thing A-Z and send it to me.

I will then make a backing track as send everyone their part to sing against....then cut and paste this and boy up.

To get started I need everyone that wants to participate to reply to this thread so I can see how may vocalists we have to work with.

Who wants to step up to the plate and sing the lead for the BT????

This sounds like a job for the one and only Toastmaster General maybe??????

· Registered
4,025 Posts
Here is the current plan. VM is going to sing the entire song and send me his vocal track. then I am going to mix down a "guide track"........sort of like what you heard Ashlee Simpson use on SNL.

Then I will e-mail this "guide track" out to everyone that wants to jump in.....where you will sing the entire song and send me your "vocal only" track.

Then I will premaster everyone's vocal track so it sounds like you are all on the same planet...which will be a challenge as everyone is using different mics....but I'll use a BBE and some EQ to get it as close as possible.

Then I'll master the entire thing where some lines will be solo spots and others will be the big group in harmony.....singing about what a wonderful time Christmas is....etc.

Sound like a plan????

· Registered
4,025 Posts
sweeps said:
One question for you! Do you want the vox "dry" and hard panned left with the guide in the right?

:icon_thum
Glad to have you involved sweeps....When you get the guide track.....all I want is your raw vocal track back....no guide track, no panning, no effects, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.