Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

· Premium Member
1,946 Posts
I'll have it done by tomorrow or Thursday at the latest.

· Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Okay, what am I doing here? Am I singing just the lead (no harmonies) mixed to the BT?

· Registered
4,025 Posts
Here is the current plan. VM is going to sing the entire song and send me his vocal track. then I am going to mix down a "guide track"........sort of like what you heard Ashlee Simpson use on SNL.

Then I will e-mail this "guide track" out to everyone that wants to jump in.....where you will sing the entire song and send me your "vocal only" track.

Then I will premaster everyone's vocal track so it sounds like you are all on the same planet...which will be a challenge as everyone is using different mics....but I'll use a BBE and some EQ to get it as close as possible.

Then I'll master the entire thing where some lines will be solo spots and others will be the big group in harmony.....singing about what a wonderful time Christmas is....etc.

Sound like a plan????

· I am a meat popsicle
4,742 Posts
Sounds huge VH!! I found this plug-in that may help...I have never used it and am skeptical about plug-in's in general, but in this case it may help:
http://www.cloneensemble.com/

Give the test track a listen on that page... The demo is workable.

· Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Cool, now I understand what's going on. You'll have mine in a few days. I'll try to finish by Thanksgiving so that everyone has time for this.

· Registered
164 Posts
One question for you! Do you want the vox "dry" and hard panned left with the guide in the right?

And if this thing comes out good we should all email different news sources to hear it. Hopefully getting people to donate to one of the Food for hunger agencies. You never know they might pick up on it since they always show the biggest Pumpkins at halloween and small stuff like that. Why not a "real" world effort to help feed the hungry. Just a thought.:icon_thum

· Registered
4,025 Posts
sweeps said:
One question for you! Do you want the vox "dry" and hard panned left with the guide in the right?

:icon_thum
Glad to have you involved sweeps....When you get the guide track.....all I want is your raw vocal track back....no guide track, no panning, no effects, etc.

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
i was kinda thinking of seeing if we can raise any money or get a bit of media attention for the fund. this has to be the first time loads of people world wide have done something like this. when its near completeion ill try an email a few UK news papers and give them a link to here and say what we have all done. but at the moment, lets just have a bit of fun and do something we can all be proud of [:)]

· ~Free Will~
6,039 Posts
mondola said:
So, rain, are you saying that you use a P.C. mic as well for all of your recordings ?

You'll have to give me some advice on what to do to get such a great sound like you do !

:thumb:[/QUOTE

Well MOndy..i really dont do anything...i record with cool edit...I actually just a few days bought a pro mic...and i did my new song i posted with it..i bought an adaptor and plugged it into my comp...it still isnt the best..but its ok for now...but i cant waite till this is finished...i hope i dont screw my part up to bad,,lol:crazy:

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.