Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't posted anything for a while, but give this a listen and see what you think...
This is a cover of Green Onions, (certainly not note for note, hehehe), in the style of Roy Buchanan. Well, maybe not JUST like Roy... Anyway, I saw that Roy had cut a cover of Green Onions on Sweet Dreams, The Anthology and liked the song...

Attachments

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
Kewl

flashyone2 said:
I haven't posted anything for a while, but give this a listen and see what you think...
This is a cover of Green Onions, (certainly not note for note, hehehe), in the style of Roy Buchanan. Well, maybe not JUST like Roy... Anyway, I saw that Roy had cut a cover of Green Onions on Sweet Dreams, The Anthology and liked the song...

Kewl tone, i hear anything wrong except you nailed it killer tone keep it up!!!:jam:

·
Temporary Organ Donor
314 Posts
flashyone2 said:
I definately hear the Roy B. influence. Great Job. I'm assuming that you used a Strat not a Tele?

BPP

·
Yeah, so what?
1,562 Posts
Sounded great here :mix: This song brings up the:devilchil mood everytime I listen to it, and you got a really neat playing in it. Good job :rock:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
i don't believe that i've ever heard this tune but theres some nice tones and playing going on here. i really enjoyed listening. nice post:thumb:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BPP- Thank you VERY much for recognizing the Roy influence. LOL I think this is a real geezer song, and I would be surprised if many recognized it, hehehe. About a month ago I picked up a used Les Paul Special with humbuckers, and used that on this song. I still have the strat and Custom shown on my avitar though...

Bleeding, Sling shot, Pure, Linda, eamon7 and belgarion- Thank you very much for the kind words!!!

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Well...I'm one of the geezers that remember this very well!!! Booker T and the MG's!!!:woot: And I like your rendition better!!! Really rocks, bro!!:jam: Well done!!!:icon_thum

1 - 13 of 13 Posts