Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Naifuzan

Votes: 10 83.3%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my take on the classic Hendrix's Little Wing. Although my take has sloppiness, it was inspired by different guitarists, Hendrix's influence is on top. My mixing skills is not too good so please bare with it and enjoy ... I guess. I definitely enjoyed jamming on this one. Good luck to you Naif!

·
Registered
299 Posts
vrey nice take gtarxtrm, loved the legatto parts ,vai?... , your choices of leads on the chord changes are just perfect. on the other hand it sounded like the effects are kinda stepping on your sound instead of being supressed by it...anyhow very well done :thumb:

naif again....i listened again to compare , if you had a good lead tone , your take would be almost a 10 on my scale , its just damn sweet, so much emotion............ :icon_thum

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Both a slightly different take on a classic...both got great points. Hard to seperate because both don't follow the path of trying to sound exactly like Jimi's. I felt that Naif's really took off at 2:14 when he turned the gain down. It was this section that won it for me.

Great work guys...now help me out, who am I battling in the Semi's again? Is it Germany???? :scratch:

·
Registered
299 Posts
sure , see you in the battle .

i'm watching --green mile-- now and the question "are you ready?"+knowing its you i'm going to battle...........feels like i'm walking the mile.............lol.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well,sorry for the delay but I didnt remember if I voted so I guess we can't vote more than once.

I dont like that bakker,is too fast,I noticed the players start to the right tempo and when the bt starts all goes faster,that's annoying. :icon_nono

Naifuzan's sounded smoother to me so...go figure.

Nice ones both anyways :mix:

edit:

Oh yeah now I see,when you've voted you see the results :doh:

·
kiss my axe
3,338 Posts
great job guys

i know naifuzans version bc it kicked my ass in the first battle :rant: LMAO:lol:

yours was great gtrxtrm but i have to agree that the fx were a bit too much
great playing tho :icon_peac
i went with naifuzan on this one

great battle :toothless

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats Naif! :icon_thum Goodluck on your final battle! Thanks to everyone that voted, listened and commented.

Yeah, pretty obvious the effects was too much and pretty much killed it along with my sloppiness, LOL. It sounded OK when I recorded it but when I was mixing it I realized that it sounded awful and could not fix it or don't know how to fix it. I'm fairly new in home recording and I'm learning from my mistakes and from everyone's constructive cristizism here. Maybe next time, I'll record pretty dry and stay away from reverb, LOL. Anyway, I enjoyed doing it and enjoyed everyone's comments.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts