Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Guitar/Music lessons from anyone famous?

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  paulwunder 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever had a lesson from a famous/semi-famous musician? I had a 30 minute private lesson with Ted Nugent a few years back. He was good friends with a local Music store owner here in Waco that was also friends with (my band opened for his band a few times) and I got the hookup before he played a concert later at one of our local clubs. I was a bit intimidated but he was very cool and we played Cat Scratch Fever together and he showed me some of his picking techniques. Great experience. We don't get alot of famous musicians here and I thought it was very cool of Ted to take the time out to jam with me awhile. I got to ride with him and his wife to the show in a limo. :rock:

Anyone else have a similar experience?

#2 ·
Not really. I went to a guitar show when the likes of Stu Hamm, Phil Hilbourne and various others were giving guitar lessons to people. Unfortunately, I was too busy drooling over the Music Man that was on display and the various Ibanez Sabers to bother going to any of the guitar lessons.

My friend had a private lesson from Billy Sheehan though... He played the stuff again and slowly whilst he videoed it on his video camera. A really cool guy !

Saying that, the guitarist from Black Rose taught me how to use Cakewalk and gave me a brief guitar lesson...

:thumb:

#4 ·
Lydian said:
My only expierience someone in this vein was going to a Terry Bozzio Clinic. Man does that guy kick major ass on drums.
Yeah no doubt....I gotta friend who loves Missing Persons and I used to have a mad crush on Dale Bozzio! Man she was HOT! but she doesn't look very good anymore. :scif890:

#8 ·
Riff Addict said:
Has anyone ever had a lesson from a famous/semi-famous musician? I had a 30 minute private lesson with Ted Nugent a few years back. He was good friends with a local Music store owner here in Waco that was also friends with (my band opened for his band a few times) and I got the hookup before he played a concert later at one of our local clubs. I was a bit intimidated but he was very cool and we played Cat Scratch Fever together and he showed me some of his picking techniques. Great experience. We don't get alot of famous musicians here and I thought it was very cool of Ted to take the time out to jam with me awhile. I got to ride with him and his wife to the show in a limo. :rock:

Anyone else have a similar experience?
Awesome experience!

My teacher is one of these almost famous people. He auditionned for bands like Ozzy Osbourne (Just after Jake E Lee left) and for Megadeth when they were looking for Marty Friedman. That's about it.

#12 ·
Well we had 2 twins, 4 balls (bowling balls) so, I guess that makes about 20 pins, if you times the 10 pins times 2 for each of the twins.

Yep, 20 pins is my answer.

BTW, we saved some money on the shoes and just bowled in our socks:D

Ok now back to the Real Forum, sorry we got a little off track.

#14 ·
Wingnut taught me how to scallop my fretboard, lol.

G
#17 ·
Famous Teachers

Micheal Hedges........Went to shool here in Balto (Peabody). My father used to move him from crappy house to another. I sucked too much at the time to benefit from his guitar mastery. Used to play at the Peabody Bookshop for spare change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.