Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Double sided tape. It works wonders. Only put the very tip of the pick on there so it comes off easily, but the picks are so light, they won't go anywhere. nYou can also put doublestick on a mic stand and just rip them from there as needed

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
well, i dont think so.. unless the finish is really very delicate.. it mite cause a little mark but they can be easily wiped off using polish etc.. i think

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Guitar Pick Tape

Listen to me, unless you want to ruin the finish on your guitar, do not put that tape on. Eddie did use it, but he didn't care, well because he was Eddie. But I just took the tape off mine because I didn't want it anymore and you can peel it off but it leaves a layer on. So the only was it to scrub it off and you end off scratching your guitar all up. Get back to me and ill post a picture of the damages.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Uh...Axis...you shoulda tried Goo Gone, dude. Let that stuff soak a little and it'll peel any residue off, no scrubbing. Sometimes it takes a few times but never scratches the surface. I have a few guitars that get decorated quite regularly and when it's time for a change, I reach for the Goo Gone.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I roll duct tape pieces to make a tube and lay it flat on my guitar and voila! guitar pick tape. finnish wise, it's probably not the best for my guitar, but I'm more about gigging and having picks close by than how pretty any of my beatup guitars are going to look.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I use that 3M double faced window insulation film tape. It works very well and does not damage the paint. I cut a piece of waxed paper to cover the tape when the guitar is in the case so the case lining doesn't stick to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts