Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently decided to bring back to life my old Ibanez SA-160 and start playing with a different tuning (Drop C) which i havent been using it for about 2 years. I bought some new strings and installed them and i started to play, everything was ok and after a while i stopped for a bit.

When i connected the guitar again on my multieffect pedal (im using a KORG AX3000) suddenly the sound was WEAK, like i was playing in half volume on the guitar and below. Even with a distortion effect the sound is allmost like a clean one.

I cant figured what is going on, any thoughts? Ill really appreciate any help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Let me break this down:
1. Guitar plays and sounds fine.
2. You start using the effects pedal and the guitar sounds bad.
What do you think the problem is?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think i would be posting if it was that obvious. I was using the pedal before and after the probrem accured. My pedal is fine and im using it right now with a different guitar. The guitar does the same even if i connect it to my amp directly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry,
When i connected the guitar again on my multieffect pedal (im using a KORG AX3000) suddenly the sound was WEAK
that was misleading.
I'm not sure about SA-160's, but if the pickups are active, you might have dead batteries. Not sure what else could be the problem. Something wrong with your output or maybe even a bad cable.
I'd say it's the batteries if it has active pickups though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts