Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All right now. I use Guitar Tracks Pro with Amplitube right? Does anyone possibly know how to remove the noise when the gain is increased? Noise gating works for when I'm not playing the guitar, but sometimes the noise sounds through when I play/record... so any ideas?

I usually try to stay away from the high gain, but I like it and it drives me crazy not to be able to use it freely.

http://www.amplitube.com/Main.html?ATDownload

For instance on their site, their recordings are noise free.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
slimshady842 said:
All right now. I use Guitar Tracks Pro with Amplitube right? Does anyone possibly know how to remove the noise when the gain is increased? Noise gating works for when I'm not playing the guitar, but sometimes the noise sounds through when I play/record... so any ideas?

I usually try to stay away from the high gain, but I like it and it drives me crazy not to be able to use it freely.

http://www.amplitube.com/Main.html?ATDownload

For instance on their site, their recordings are noise free.
Since amplitube emulates amps, the equivalent of modelling software, the noise is coming from your CRT monitor and not the software. Face away from it when recording or ditch it and by an LCD monitor. Amplitube rocks, by the way and I always find various uses for it on my tracks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It can't be from the monitor because I recorded this without the guitar volume on with the gain all the way up and the monitor off with no noise gating.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
It could be that your Windows Mixer settings are set to "what U hear" and are bleeding into the track. Mute everything and then add only one channel at a time, with different mixer settings on/off to try and trace down the source. That sound does not sound like it would be a part of the software otherwise who would want it? Good luck with it man.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
3fingers said:
It could be that your Windows Mixer settings are set to "what U hear" and are bleeding into the track. Mute everything and then add only one channel at a time, with different mixer settings on/off to try and trace down the source. That sound does not sound like it would be a part of the software otherwise who would want it? Good luck with it man.
Yeah, 3F, I use it all the time and there is absolutely no noise at all.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It's probably not Amplitube in general because I also get that noise in ReValver.​

I have a Realtex AC97 Audio card. Probably not the best one in the world, but it works. What I do is use the front input and in the recording control, I just select CD/Video in which is the front one. Maybe it's the noise from the cord being beat up. It's just a 1/8" cord converting to one 1/4" adapter and neither one is in the best shape.​
EDIT: It can't be the cord... blah I don't know what it is.​

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I did a test with Amplitube's site demos of the sounds.

The unprocessed one is from their site.
The processed one is the one I did myself with the unprocessed sample with rather high gain. My deduction is that it's my signal that's screwed up somewhere. Maybe the wrong input or maybe I need a DI box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts