Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All acoustic, latin/flamenco style playing, with some nice fusion bits and pieces thrown about - it's a great mix of styles. These guys are all amazing guitar players - if you've never heard them play together, you are missing a great treat! There is a lot going on, and that makes it fun to listen to over and over, you always hear new stuff.

I highly recommend it if you enjoy great acoustic guitar playing!
-dc

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
I have this album and it is indeed absolutely incredible ,

i used to have a live album of the 3 of them which was really interesting ,

not just the chops but you try playing guitar with 2 others playing with you and try not to make it cluttered ! .. even though they are fantastic soloists the comping and listening to each other that goes on is phenominal :thumb:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly, each time I listen to this, I'm amazed at how tight they are, it's really just incredible. It's hard to believe they can write music like this - I can't even imagine how long it took them to rehearse this stuff and record it. Of course, they probably whipped it out in one take!

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
DrCode said:
Exactly, each time I listen to this, I'm amazed at how tight they are, it's really just incredible. It's hard to believe they can write music like this - I can't even imagine how long it took them to rehearse this stuff and record it. Of course, they probably whipped it out in one take!
It really is a hard thing to comprehend in one listen it's so dense you need to listen 100 times to pick more and more things up ! i love it ,

I'd say alot of it was improvised , these players are so experienced they can just tell in their ears what sounds good and what doesn't and what to play to add what flavour and they just work off each other in a circle .. it's a music composition being done right in front of your eyes ! just magic !

another rant here lol .. just a big fan of the genre :thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
quality

the CD quality is really great i say the hardest thing those guys did was played together so beautifully and blended really nice, wish there be more popular virtuosos comming out, but its not to popular, but its comming back, maybe someday they''ll be a new guitarist that will innovate the world like hendrix did

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
i have this album. the musicianship, creativity and composition is so great on this album.. each guitarist really compliments each other... very inspirational album indeed..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts