Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Lot's a "Bread" on the table tonight!! :)
Great tune Sling! All the tunes you put out have that relaxing mojo to them. Very nice Sling! I really like the two guitar lines (and i thought I heard a third in there too). Great tone and nice playing Sling! :icon_thum

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
David Gates and Bread put out some really great music in their day. The passing of time has seen them lumped into the easy listening category, but this belies the fact that the guitar arrangements were really cool and distinctive. The songwriting melodies were unbeatable. This cover is an excellent homage with a lot of inventive and melodic guitar playing. It is worth leaving on repeat for a while.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks very much,, you are so correct on there writing abilties and the flow of there songs. They are very additive!

ksdb said:
David Gates and Bread put out some really great music in their day. The passing of time has seen them lumped into the easy listening category, but this belies the fact that the guitar arrangements were really cool and distinctive. The songwriting melodies were unbeatable. This cover is an excellent homage with a lot of inventive and melodic guitar playing. It is worth leaving on repeat for a while.

·
I'm a Very Good Girl !
1,350 Posts
Thank you Sling Shot for transporting me back to my childhood with this, can remember sitting and listening to the album Sound of Bread with my Mum (sadly no longer with us) when I was a child....A memory I had forgotten and was so happy to recapture tonight x

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.