4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://line6.com/software/?submit=Show%3A&hardware=All&name=GuitarPort

This free update is:

- Required for Model Pack support,
- Recommended for all GuitarPort hardware users,
- Required for compatibility with PODxt Live,
- Support PODxt and PODxt Pro Version 2

Complete release notes will be posted soon. In the meantime, here are the basics:

This version brings GuitarPort software in line with many of the additions made to PODxt and PODxt Pro with their Version 2 firmware, including dramatically enhanced overall sound, a new EQ effect block, and improved compressor - and support for Model Packs. There's also a new metronome, plus GuitarPort hardware users will find they now have 24 Cab Models and a the Line 6 Treadplate Amp Model.

Visit www.guitarport.com for more information about GuitarPort, including system requirements.

NOTE: The GuitarPort installer includes Line 6 Monkey, the intelligent updater for PODxt and GuitarPort that gets all your Line 6 hardware and software up to date and lets you access optional add-ons like Model Packs. There is no need to download Line 6 Monkey separately.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, after 6 downloads I finally got a version that wasn't corrupted. It was worth the wait though! The new Treadplate model is great

Now, I'm drooling over the model packs! My wife is gonna kill me!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Damn!!! I knew there was something I was supposed to do last night!!! Grrr. It'll have to wait til the weekend now.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Got it installed this morning but had to leave for work before getting a chance to play with it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Well, I did the upgrade this morning, & now all my original settings sound different, not better, different.. I'll have to poke around & see what happened.. i loved the tones i was getting from it, but somehow they changed, & not for the better. I do like the metronome & drum machine. The EQ is kinda cool too.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quick update... 2 weeks later & it still sounds like total shit! I'm PISSED that i did the upgrade... I had the prefect tone before. Even when i call up my old presets, sounds like crap.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
:scif890:

Why not just revert back to the version you actually liked? I updated to the newest release of guitarport for the XT, it kicks ass in that I don't need to use Line 6 Edit anymore. The interface was improved and I can do deep editing with it. I don't rely on it for sound but if the upgrade caused me grief I would just revert back one rev. The last version of every upgrade is always kept in the folder. I posted somewhere on the forum where that folder is for Mondy when he wanted to revert back to 1.05, do a search if you like.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I actually run 1.14, 2.01 and 2.51 on my PC
It's a bit tech involved to set it up, and can be a headache(it took me 4 times to get it right, lol) but if you're feelin lucky,here's how it's done...

http://line6.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=000669

Read through the entire thread to get all the info you need. This isn't supported by Line 6, but there's always a risk when doing this kinda stuff. I love it. I now have the original version of the JCM 800(same as the POD 2.0), the original Spinal Puppet, and all the new stuff!:woot:

·
Registered
342 Posts
stingx said:
:scif890:

Why not just revert back to the version you actually liked? I updated to the newest release of guitarport for the XT, it kicks ass in that I don't need to use Line 6 Edit anymore. The interface was improved and I can do deep editing with it. I don't rely on it for sound but if the upgrade caused me grief I would just revert back one rev. The last version of every upgrade is always kept in the folder. I posted somewhere on the forum where that folder is for Mondy when he wanted to revert back to 1.05, do a search if you like.
I cant find anything about reverting.. how would i do it?

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
I donut own a guitar port but if I wanted to revert back on the XT I would simply install the older firmware back into the device. Would take all of 30 seconds.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.