Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas.

Im gonna get me one of these babies in the near future. But with which one do i get the best product? Its strictly for home use, and i have no prob with hooking it in my computer. But which one has the best "tones" and "effects"?

Give me your oppinion fellas.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
OK, why would you do that? Are the effects of the XT better sounding then the guitar port?
Is the guitar port closer to the 2.0 then the XT

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Sidious,
I personally use the guitar port and if you only intend to use it at home then I dont see why ya cant go with it yourself. It has a few less amp models and such but it has other things like guitarport online and a few other things that pod xt doesnt. ultimately it's your decision but i urge you to go to the line 6 web site and check them out.

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Supersonic said:
Sidious,
I personally use the guitar port and if you only intend to use it at home then I dont see why ya cant go with it yourself. It has a few less amp models and such but it has other things like guitarport online and a few other things that pod xt doesnt. ultimately it's your decision but i urge you to go to the line 6 web site and check them out.

Errrrr. actually, you can use Guitarport online with the XT, not with the original Pod however.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yeah, I'd definately go to the Line 6 site and check them out.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
As i understood it by glancing through the Line 6 website, is that the guitarport and the XT shares their "sounds", and the POD 2.0 is its own. So am i right by stating that the Guitarport is closer to the XT than the 2.0?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Yes, definitely! The GuitarPort is just a scaled down XT. The patches between the two are compatible and you can buy the model pack for your GuitarPort to give it all the same ampmodel/cab/effects as the XT! It uses the same technology but just has less features. Also, the GuitarPort uses your computers processor and the XT has one built in.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
OK i thought so. Thanks for the answer PG.
1st. That means i can download patches for the XT and use them with my Guitarport?

2nd: Is the amp-packs only software, or is it some kind of bios flash in the GP hardware itself? Meaning, if i lost it in a computer crash, will i still be able to retrieve it?

3rd: How usefull is the GP without the subscription? Also thinking about the two Qs above!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Sidious said:
OK i thought so. Thanks for the answer PG.
1st. That means i can download patches for the XT and use them with my Guitarport?
Correct!

2nd: Is the amp-packs only software, or is it some kind of bios flash in the GP hardware itself? Meaning, if i lost it in a computer crash, will i still be able to retrieve it?
From the line6 FAQ...
If my GuitarPort breaks or my hard drive crashes, do I lose my packs?
Model Packs are tied to your GuitarPort hardware device – not the software installation or your computer. As long as you have installed Model Packs into your GuitarPort Hardware, you will be able to use your Model Packs with any GuitarPort software installation (version 2.5 or later) on any computer.:icon_thum

3rd: How usefull is the GP without the subscription? Also thinking about the two Qs above!
Very useful! You still have the tones and all the editing ability, the player still works... you just don't get the lessons & backings... big deal, most of that's available on the web anyway! Obviously, you get more out of it if you are subscribed but I haven't been subscribed for over a year. I don't really miss it any.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
crematia said:
You're glued to the computer with Guitarport
heheh no more than usual ;)
but the GP does indeed ROCK ;)

would be nice to have a pedal board with it but if ya just want it for recording then yer usually laying down tracks with one setting and changing tones/setup for another track layer

live tho yea gps are restricting and it would be nice to have one of those new pods ;)

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
As an owner of the pod 2.0 and now an owner of pod xt live,, I have to say that the pod xt live just blows me away with the versatality in the unit as a whole. The XTL has built in stomp boxes that you can use if you want to that you can stomp on or off,,, tones are well rounded more,, and the XTL has more vast tones than the 2.0. don't get me wrong though,, some tones on the 2.0 are not gonna be able to get on the XTL,, but for prices,,, your looking at 199 dollars for the 2.0,,,, 99 dollars for the guitarport,, and 299 for the podxt. i payed 399 for my XT live cause i wanted a floor version and now i dont have to buy the foot controller if i was to buy the podxt in itself. I have top say that all of line 6's gear is really dam good. I would go to your local guitar store and try em out for yourself and see if you like em. id also try out the v amp 2 by behringer,, wich is 99 dollars and rocks as well for the price. i have that too ,, and i am happy to own that product as well.

·
Registered
342 Posts
SLoB said:
heheh no more than usual ;)
but the GP does indeed ROCK ;)

would be nice to have a pedal board with it but if ya just want it for recording then yer usually laying down tracks with one setting and changing tones/setup for another track layer

live tho yea gps are restricting and it would be nice to have one of those new pods ;)
As far as having a floor pedal for the Guitar Port goes, thats a simple one.. PLUG YOUR PEDAL BOARD IN! I do, works great! Most times I dial in a clean amp setting & use my own effects with the GP, although, there are some friggen amazing sounds in the software!. When I use those, at least I still have my wha, EQ, & volume pedals plugged in so I can be just as versital, if not MORE so then having to plunk down what would sell for around $300.00 from Line 6 as one of THEIR floor pedals.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts