Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my cover of this song. I did this cover over a year ago,, but I did it with distortion the first time around. This time,, I wanted to capture the feel of the original and wanted to redo it with some clean tone and reverb. I used my New Roland Micro cube amp hooked direct and my Fender Strat for this. Hope I did a descent job on trying to keep the tone close to the classic 60's "surf" sound. This is a fun Instrumentl to play. my next task is to learn "Sleepwalk" one of these days.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Let me get my head dress on:woot: :woot: ..Is that ok Rythameen?;) ...Great stuff Scott...I have always loved this tune:icon_cool

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot rhythmeen,, mandy,, and robbie! glad ya checked this out. as for the indian girls im trying to hire some as we speak :lol:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
nice tone. perhaps next time add a little bit more of that "twang" in the tone. no big deal tho, ur playing was awesome. great job1

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
andrewtheshreddr said:
nice tone. perhaps next time add a little bit more of that "twang" in the tone. no big deal tho, ur playing was awesome. great job1
thanks for the input man! i'll definitely try to add that 'twang" to it for sure next time around. appreciate your help man!:thumb:

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
nice work , those roland cubes are real nice amps i must say !

i'd agree use the bridge pickup next time .. to get that hank marvin 50's surf tone out of your axe .

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
That's great Scott! It is a super tone!! Great job with it! :icon_peac

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Great stuff.
Just wish you'd stick to the original riff/lick/whatever during the break part :grin:
Also sounds like there's a wrong note in the intro/outro.
No big deal tho, overall a very good performance, and a nice tone.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Oh man I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used play this in High School with my band called .... now don't laugh.......... "The Fenderatic Reactions" hahahahaha

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bowdown:

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
The important thing is..you got the feel and tone of the song. I heard a different note or 2 but still liked it alot, as eddie VH says, "if it sounds good it's good"this sounds whoooooooooooo!!!good:D

·
Airborne Warrior
699 Posts
Scott thought that was superb, my mum told me if she could hear me play this she'ld then admit I could play the guitar, I took her Shadows album upstairs (the old 33" vinyl) and learnt every bastard song lol.
Anyway thought your approach of playing it was very refreshing and enjoyable and shows your versatility on guitar
Great job man:grin:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
heh used to play this also when i was at school along with other shadows tracks, cool stuff Scott :)
the alternative notes didnt really bother me, I like that you interpreted it your own way ;)

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow! thanks alot for all the listens! glad you all like my take on this. really appreciate all the input and ty all for listening.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts