Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was awesome!!!!!
Amazing job on this awesome VH tune Coldgin!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[ QUOTE ]
jacob5150 said:
whoah man...how awesome is that!!!...i really like the flanger you got going there..or is that phaser... how'd you get that backing track, i'd love to have that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks everyone, you folks are generous! This was tough to get the sound right and it's probably a little to bassy, but it works man.
I record with a Fostex MR-8 which I'm still learning. Its actually a flanger from my POD Jacob. I do have a MXR Phase 90 though I love. I got the backing track from this awesome site!

G

·
Now, there's a song that I'd like to try out. Good playing, indeed. Well, here I am nagging everbody with my plexi, but you really should try that.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Plexi!! I'll take one of those.
hehe Yea, the flanger is dominate in my version, but it is also in VH's. Listening back there is a little too much distortion though. It sounds so different while recording! I really appreciate the good comments and the sound suggestions that is why I come here to this site.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Well, perhaps with the minor exception of the FX needing to come down just a hair (I actually kind of like the FX but perhaps just a bit less), this was a really high-quality recording (performance/tone/production).

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks again folks! The flange is from a POD. I think it was flange 1 setting. You guy's check out the original by VH if you haven't heard it in a while.
He uses alot of flange effect but much more tasteful!! hehehe

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[ QUOTE ]
wahwah said:
Like it...lots.
Gotta love the XT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man! Ilike your websites, great job.
I spent four years at RAF Mildenhall (USAF) and had a fucking blast dude!!!!
Great beer
I make it over again I'll be sure to check your band out!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.