Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MOON RULES!
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hear New Mötley Crüe + Töür News

Wassup everyone?
As some of ya might already know. Mötley Crüe have reunited back with Tommy Lee recently and have released their first song featuring all original members since 1998. The song hits rado radio beginning this monday. The song is titled "If I Die Tomorrow". The song can be heard first exclusively here from AOL Music *you do not need AOL to listen, its for all internet users* http://search.aol.com/aolcom/av?query=motley&invocationType=avTab./aolcom/jsp/search.jsp Please post what you think of the song!

The boys are gearing up for a world tour soon, starting with a short US leg beginning in Febuary then onto europe later this summer. I heard from Tommy a few days ago and he is pumped and has been rehearsing with the boys alot the last few weeks as well as filming a video for their new single. Tickets for the tour go on sale today (presale only) for Motley Crue Sin Club Members. See http://www.motley.com for details. Tour dates are below.

Mötley Crüe 2005 Tour Dates
Feb. 17 – Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Office Depot Center
Feb. 18 – Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum
Feb. 20 – Greenville, SC @ Bi-Lo Center
Feb. 22 – Cleveland. OH @ Gund Arena
Feb. 23 – Toronto, ONT @ Air Canada Centre
Feb. 25 – Detroit, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills
Feb. 27 – Ottawa, ONT @ Corel Centre
Feb. 28 – Hartford, CT @ Hartford Civic Center
Mar. 01 – Boston. MA @ Fleet Center
Mar. 03 – New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
Mar. 04 – Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Spectrum
Mar. 06 – Washington, D.C. @ MCI Center
Mar. 08 – Columbus, OH @ Schottenstein Center
Mar. 10 – Chicago, IL @ Allstate Arena
Mar. 12 – Milwaukee, WI @ U.S. Cellular Arena
Mar. 14 – Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
Mar. 15 – Kansas City, MO @ Kemper Arena
Mar. 17 – Dallas, TX @ Nokia Live
Mar. 19 – Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint
Mar. 20 – Phoenix, AZ @ Cricket Pavilion Glendale Arena
Mar. 22 – San Diego, CA @ Coors Amphitheatre
Mar. 23 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum
Mar. 25 – Reno/Fresno @ TBA
Mar. 26 – Oakland, CA @ Oakland Arena

The following UK dates go onsale - Presale only- Next weekend.
* 14-Jun-05 - Glasgow, UK - S.E.C.C.
* 15-Jun-05 - Manchester, UK - Evening News Arena
* 17-Jun-05 - Cardiff, UK - Cardiff International Arena
* 18-Jun-05 - Birmingham, Uk - NEC Arena
* 19-Jun-05 - London, UK - Wembley Tent

- MOON

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Wow the new tune is awesome, they are sounding great, thanks for posting the link to that Moon!!:icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Yankees Suck!
574 Posts
Sounds pretty good to me. :icon_thum Can't wait to hear what the rest sounds like.

You can definately hear a Saliva type groove in it though, as Nikki has written a few tunes with Josey Scott in the past.

·
MOON RULES!
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
SteveS235 said:
Sounds pretty good to me. :icon_thum Can't wait to hear what the rest sounds like.

You can definately hear a Saliva type groove in it though, as Nikki has written a few tunes with Josey Scott in the past.
Yup. This new tune was actually written by a canadian band called SIMPLE PLAN along with Nikki . This was done to kinda bring in a younger audience. Been a busy weekend. Alot of the pre-sales are selling out so far.. They got 4 more tunes in the can so far... :icon_thum

·
Banned
156 Posts
Evhmoon said:
Yup. This new tune was actually written by a canadian band called SIMPLE PLAN along with Nikki . This was done to kinda bring in a younger audience. Been a busy weekend. Alot of the pre-sales are selling out so far.. They got 4 more tunes in the can so far... :icon_thum
Simple plan? Aren't they one of the bands that claim to be punk but are essential pop-rock? Ha. I'd think better of motley then to work with "pop punkers".

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Wonder if We will still see the Crüe in Dallas...
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/121604dnovevince.5aaae.html
Dallas warrant issued for Crüe singer

Police will be waiting for Vince Neil when he returns to area

07:57 AM CST on Thursday, December 16, 2004

By JAMIE GUMBRECHT / The Dallas Morning News

When Vince Neil returns to Dallas in March for a Motley Crüe reunion show, he can expect visits from hordes of screaming fans – and possibly a few Dallas police officers.

An arrest warrant for misdemeanor assault was issued for the Motley Crüe singer Wednesday in connection with a beating at Gilley's Dallas in October. If convicted, Mr. Neil faces up to one year in jail and a fine of $4,000.

"I'm glad to hear it," says Michael Talbert, a Gilley's soundman who was knocked unconscious after a punch allegedly from Mr. Neil pushed him to the floor. "There's no reason, as far as I'm concerned, why anybody should act like that. I don't care if you're Vince Neil or John Doe."

During the Oct. 30 show, Mr. Neil motioned for more guitar volume but bolted across the stage as Mr. Talbert adjusted it, according to the police report attached to the warrant. He then jumped onto the soundboard and kicked at Mr. Talbert. Although the singer's foot missed, he then punched Mr. Talbert in the face, knocking the soundman unconscious for about 45 seconds.

A CAT scan showed a mild concussion, says Mr. Talbert, a 44-year-old Fort Worth resident.

Police gave the singer a criminal-trespass warning before he left the club and headed to Houston for a Halloween show.

Mr. Neil can contact authorities himself. If he doesn't, Dallas police and prosecutors said they probably will wait to act on the warrant until he returns to the area in March. His representatives did not return phone calls this week.

Earlier this month, Motley Crüe members announced a reunion tour that will bring the band to Nokia Theatre in Grand Prairie on March 17. Theater officials said this week they hadn't heard about the warrant and didn't know if an arrest could affect the show.

Mr. Neil missed the warrant by about two days; the singer was in town Monday for a private solo show at the Granada Theater. Attendees said it was a wild party but with no signs of arrests or Crüe-style bad-boy antics. Event coordinators said he had already left town Tuesday.

"It was a pretty raging party," says Tyler Krueger, a marketing representative who planned the 600-person bash. "I had a lot of people tell me it was the best party of the year. Vince opened the show, did a great job, sounded great, just like back in the day."

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Evhmoon said:
LOL thats funny how my video footage ends up everywhere!!! that performance was a big screw up though. I know tommy was pissed as hell bout what happened...

Moon
What was the screw up from the performance that would have pissed Tommy off? I just watched the video and didn't see or hear anything:dunno: ...although I am at work and had the volume down low.

Does anyone else notice that when Vince sings live, he just sings "every other" word of the song and leaves out words? It's like he just emphasizes certain key words....what's up with that I wonder????

·
MOON RULES!
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Riff Addict said:
What was the screw up from the performance that would have pissed Tommy off? I just watched the video and didn't see or hear anything:dunno: ...although I am at work and had the volume down low.

Does anyone else notice that when Vince sings live, he just sings "every other" word of the song and leaves out words? It's like he just emphasizes certain key words....what's up with that I wonder????
If ya watch their performance again, you will notice that during feelgood. The sequencer backing vocals track skipped ahead about 10 seconds and totally through off everyone, he couldnt hear what was going on since he was playin along to a click track. Mick had to go near him so he could see what he was playing. Vince did his best to recover. And none of the microphones were wired live. Nikki kept motioning the sound people to turn em on, but they didnt catch on..

As for vinces singing, He has been doing that alot since the early 90's. Dunno why really.. never really asked..LOL

·
Registered
20 Posts
This whole reunion must have been spurred by the VH Reunion. I mean I dont know for sure but this whole thing seems really VH-Reunion-ish. A picture released with the Official Announcement. Tour dates seeping out before the announcement.

I dont know it just seems really similar.

·
MOON RULES!
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
the tour and reunion was put together very very quickly. It was suppose to happen a year and half ago. But it fell through when Mick's condition worsened. Plus Vinnie and T weren't getting along still...But actually regarding VH, it was Eddie's recovery from his hip surgery that inspired Mick to have his hip replaced this past October. Mick is still in rehab 3 days a week until February, he's doing really well considering its only been 8 weeks since the surgery and already playin gigs....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts