Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my new terratec dmx 6fire I bought from germany. Trouble is the manual is in German too :) I use cubase and sonar but I am unable to get anything recorded using the card. I couldn't even get it to work until I disabled my audigy 1 card.

Now I get playback in cubase and garbled playback in sonar. but even though I get a clear signal through the mic I am unable to record it.

Helllp!! :)

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it wasn't intentional but that is the single most funny reply I have ever had off g101!!! I thought you were referring to the garbled noise insonar for a second. :D

Anyhow - I think I have a steep learning curve ahead of me as the soundcard has more than one channel and I am guessing I have to relearn my software.

Many thanks for the reply Stingx - and I have found a manual online in the meantime. I guess the only option now is to break convention for a man, and actuallly read it :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Goport said:
I just installed my new terratec dmx 6fire I bought from germany. Trouble is the manual is in German too :) I use cubase and sonar but I am unable to get anything recorded using the card. I couldn't even get it to work until I disabled my audigy 1 card.

Now I get playback in cubase and garbled playback in sonar. but even though I get a clear signal through the mic I am unable to record it.

Helllp!! :)
Is this the manual your looking for?
ftp://ftp.terratec.net/Audio/DMX6fire2496/Manual/DMX6fire2496_Manual_GB.pdf

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have that now - I just can't make cubase see channel 3 - very odd.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks chaps!! I got a result and managed to record my grunting noises in cubase :)

I have even managed to hook up my little mixing desk and mic pre amp too.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Stingx :thumb:

Now all I have to do is get it talking to either my audigy or mobo for midi. At the moment I don't have any :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts