Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
sgstd said:
Very soothing!!!Thx bro....I needed that!!!:thumb: Now......back to the drinking!!!!!:drunk: :lol:
I agree exactly! That was also a great tone...always loved that single coil sound, but never could get used to a Strat.

Great job Sling!

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Sooooo nicee indeed!...I love Lionel...Beautiful Slingy..

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
This one is SO soothing that....I'm.....having....trouble.....keeping.....my........
al;skdlsdkjf;lasdkjf;alsdjkfa;lsdkjfasdlkf;as;dlf zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, lol.
Great work as usual Slinger.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HAHA Thanks man!

VanMan2000 said:
This one is SO soothing that....I'm.....having....trouble.....keeping.....my........
al;skdlsdkjf;lasdkjf;alsdjkfa;lsdkjfasdlkf;as;dlf zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, lol.
Great work as usual Slinger.

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
very nice sling , love the bend at 01:22 ,and your letting rip which is cool and totally apt even tho im listening to this on a tuesday morning, it still works fine ! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Scott , much appreciated on that bend!

bluesplayer said:
very nice sling , love the bend at 01:22 ,and your letting rip which is cool and totally apt even tho im listening to this on a tuesday morning, it still works fine ! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
cool stuff Sling :), makes for a great instrumental song, it has such a good strong melody line :icon_peac
guitar could have come up a bit more in the mix to put more emphasis on that melody line i reckon, @2:36 for example

any chance of posting the backing too?

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Hello SlingShot. :laugh:

One thing is for sure. I can skim along the list of thread title in the Covers & Tributes section and, without looking at the author, I can immediately guess which songs are yours. What I mean is that you pick really unique songs for the likes of this bunch of guitars heathens. Fortunately for me (and obviously a number of others), your taste in music is fairly congruent with mine. :D Although I enjoyed the "smooth" first half, the more rocking second half was what rang my bell. It was a nice juxtaposition from the vibe of the original. You added a rough edge to it. :thumbup:

My only criticism is the same as mentioned by SLoB (I would like to have heard the guitar a bit louder in the mix). But then again, I say that when someone plays a solo guitar spot too. :crazy: But overall, a nice tune to start off my day.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I always appreciate your indepth comments!!!! You have a much better way with words that I do.
As I go older I find my taste in music changing, yep in the OLD days I would have ignored this type of music completely! But don't get my wrong I still love the old rock but just added jazz and [email protected]#@! easy listening ,,,YIPS did I say that!!!! Anyway thanks a TON!!!!!!!!
PS; Everytime I post a song without waiting an hour then remixing that bad mix happens, sometimes I get a bit in a hurry to post.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

kc_artist_rocker said:
Hello SlingShot. :laugh:

One thing is for sure. I can skim along the list of thread title in the Covers & Tributes section and, without looking at the author, I can immediately guess which songs are yours. What I mean is that you pick really unique songs for the likes of this bunch of guitars heathens. Fortunately for me (and obviously a number of others), your taste in music is fairly congruent with mine. :D Although I enjoyed the "smooth" first half, the more rocking second half was what rang my bell. It was a nice juxtaposition from the vibe of the original. You added a rough edge to it. :thumbup:

My only criticism is the same as mentioned by SLoB (I would like to have heard the guitar a bit louder in the mix). But then again, I say that when someone plays a solo guitar spot too. :crazy: But overall, a nice tune to start off my day.

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
boss!!! totally killer feel!! loved it!!:bannana_g

1 - 20 of 22 Posts