Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me a little help . I have got some old stuff i did and i would like you guys to listen to it and give me your thoughts. The stuff i have is on tape but how the hell do i get it onto the PC???
Cheers!!

Geordie

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Well lol , I know one way .. not sure its the best . I took my tape player and ran a cord from the headphones jack on the tape player to my aux. in on my v-amp .... then run that to computer from v-amp out to line in computer . Then used cool edit to record it as I played it thru the v-amp . It worked but dont laff at me ... Theres prolly a better way but that one works if ya dont find a better one .

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
yip that would work. Another way is to run it straight into your line in socket on the soundcard via 3.5mm jack. there is software available, I found this via a google search http://www.golddownload.com/MP3_Audio_Misc_Plug-ins_The_Cassette_Tape_Producer_10450.html I can't pretend I know how good it is but it may do the trick.

The other option is to run it through a mixer into cubase/cakewalk and tweak it there.

I am sure Wahwah could help.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts