Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've got to go to the studio with the band next week and ive got to put two solos down. One i know is ok , but i just wondered what your take is on this one, as ive been known to play out of key and all sorts b4! My main concern is the shred being a little out of time in the middle dont worry about the drum track, as its not going to be how our drummer plays it.
Thanks very much if you could test it!
http://www.omission.fireway.co.uk/solo.mp3

Kev

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nah, nothing off in my ears. Well, right at the end there is one little bend or note that seems strange. But it sounds like you're shredding in key to me. The middle of the solo that you were worried about sounds nice.
If I were you, I would expiriment in off time shredding. Take a listen to "Time's Up" from Living Colour to get an idea of what I'm talking about. It can really spice things up. Goodluck in the studio!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Neeto said:
Nah, nothing off in my ears. Well, right at the end there is one little bend or note that seems strange. But it sounds like you're shredding in key to me. The middle of the solo that you were worried about sounds nice.
If I were you, I would expiriment in off time shredding. Take a listen to "Time's Up" from Living Colour to get an idea of what I'm talking about. It can really spice things up. Goodluck in the studio!
Thanks mate, glad about that :) Its my first time in a studio, so have no idea of wat to expect :icon_redf I'll have a look for living colour then!

:jam:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Sounds like a pretty solid lead to me. Would like to hear the finished product!

Hey... studio is fun! And the BEST part is... someone else does the "technical" stuff... all you have to do is go in and do what you do best. Hope it's a great experience for you!!

Janell

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LaceGuitarPlayer said:
Sounds like a pretty solid lead to me. Would like to hear the finished product!

Hey... studio is fun! And the BEST part is... someone else does the "technical" stuff... all you have to do is go in and do what you do best. Hope it's a great experience for you!!

Janell
Yeh, can't wait Janell! Well, we've only got 3 days , but as soon as we've done our tracks , i'll put them up!

:dance: :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.