Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

help! looking for dist pedals

3K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  megamat 
#1 ·
hi guys!
I'm looking for a dist pedal...

does anyone have an idea? i play hard rock usually but not black metal or such..
Thanks!!!

#2 ·
I would go test them out. My amp has one built in that I use.
I did try a Pod-XT, and it didn't do anything for me personally, so I took it back.

Guitar Center has a 30 day return policy. So if you try it in the store and like it, but then get home and find it isn't what you're looking for, take it back.

#4 ·
alot depends on taste and equipment that you are running now...
try different ones on your equipment until you get one you like...if you have friends that play they will usually let you try one out....

#9 ·
The Boss Metal Core provides a very rich, authentic sound that skillfully recreates all sorts of tones from the 70s and 80s. Built in EQ knobs(more or less) allow you to find so many different sounds ranging from Angus Young to Michael Schenker to Randy Rhoads. Great pedal and great value. For only $100, it works great, but sounds even better when ran through a Marshall.

#10 ·
The one I just mentioned is great for Hard Rock tones, but a pedal that's great for recreating that Metallica sound is the Boss Metal Zone. (Frankly I really don't like Metallica, but a good friend of mine does and he nails that Master of Puppets sound with that pedal and a Marshall.

#12 ·
hey

In my opinion save yourself 40-150 bucks and play with the distortion you have now, save up for a really sweet amp with distortion on it because it is going to sound so much sweeter I promise. I am playing out of a peavey XXX right now and it is the best purchase I have ever made. I got it on a GC green tag sale for only 750$ keep your eyes open for good deals. If you are a serious guitar player then save your money and get something respectful. I used to play out of a boss stomp box but I never ever ever got the sound I wanted. I use my amp distortion and I got a boss seven band width EQ pedal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.