Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
292 Posts
I am assuming that the delay is on playback? i.e. when you play along with the software in record mode you are hearing what you are playing instantly but when you play the recording back your guitar part is out of sync with the backing track.
If this is the case it is down to the "Mixing Latency" within Cakewalk being set too low or too high. Do a search in the index of the softwares help file for "Mixing Latency" or Audio Latency" and take the steps to correct it.
By the way I've never used Home Studio but I'm fairly sure it uses the same engine as Cakewalk Pro Audio, which is what I'm basing my reply on.
Re post if you have any joy.

· Registered
292 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the home theater system and just using your pc speakers for monitoring?
Have you profiled your sound card within cakewalk? Look under "Options/Audio" or "Tools/Audio" for something called "Wave Profiler". Run this then close and restart Cakewalk and see if it's better

· Registered
292 Posts
You can check your latency in "Options/Audio" in Cakewalk, see what the latency setting is (it should be a slider marked Slow at one end and Fast at the other) . A figure of 10milliseconds is good, but remember setting it too fast (if your card can't handle it, yours should) is as bad as setting it too slow. Set it to 10ms and close and restart the program and try recording again.
To record guitar in Cakewalk you will need to arm an audio track for recording (normally by clicking "R" for that track) and selecting an input to record from in track properties (this will be "the name of your soundcard"). Also make sure your soundcard mixer has "Line In" selected for recording . You can set your level by displaying Cakewalks Console (or mixing desk) and adjusting the slider so your signal is not going into the red on the meter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.