Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

When looking over the posts here, I see comments where you have taken a recording and increased or lowered the bottom end, made the drums sound crisper, taken out hiss, etc.

My band recorded demos as well as live performances in the early-mid 90's which I have on cassettes. I thought it would be cool if I could polish up the sound a bit.

What are your recommendations for software - based on what you have successfully used - that you would also consider user friendly?

Thanks so much in advance!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would recommend GOLDWAVE..it does just about everything..equalisation,pitch adjustment,volume change,file conversion,recording,and it uses just about all file types flac wav etc etc..even switching from Mono to Stereo and vice versa should you want.I've found it great for tweaking old recordings to sound better :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts