Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Micah and I've got a B-52 AT-100 tri-rec head that just went out on me at a gig last weekend after I stupidly let someone help me set it up (as we were pressed for time) and I went through it today, replaced the fuse (which didn't pop and none of the other tubes went, which I thought was strange) and switched out all of the power tubes and some of the other tubes and couldn't seem to find the problem at all. With the amp on and the master volume up nearly all the way, the sound is still very quiet.

Any one have any suggestions or know possibly the next thing on the replace list?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does your amp have different outputs for cabinets with different impedance? Perhaps they ran a 16 ohm setup out of the 4ohm output or some such and blew the output transformer. (or perhaps the opposite and you've blown your speaker(s).

Just a guess.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly what happened. I found out that the friend that helped me set up at the show we were doing did just that. It's definitely not my cab because I finished the set with another head through my cab and it was just fine.

So, power supply pbc or output pbc? Maybe?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts