Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya Guys

Done a lot of reserch on getting my gear, just a few blank spots i wonder if you can help me with, dont know too much about the technical side of amps.

First of is my setup:

Mesa Boogie Strategy 500 Power Amp
ADA MP1 Pre Amp
G Major Effects Unit
Korg Tuner
BBE 362 Sonic Maximiser

Mesa Boogie Cab

Dont really want to know if people disagree with the stuff i have as the money has allready changed hands.
Just two questions

1: I have one more space in my rack for something, is there anything i am missing, was thinking about EQ but not sure if its need, hopefully you can help me on this?

2: How do i wire this thing up! lol. Will sound silly to most but i have i got to put to leads in each bit like the left and right or just in one?

Anyway hope you can help!

Cheerz Guys Stevie

·
Registered
754 Posts
Is all your gear stereo?I would try running the guitar into the pre amp out to the mesa amp into the tuner and then to the bbe.If you have a effects loop on the mesa or the pre amp run the effects unit thru the effects loop.Also you should put a empty space between the mesa and everything else as they get pretty hot when there on for a while.I put a small fan blowing out the back of my rack to keep it cool.This is just a suggestion on how to set your rack up.I have a similar setup myself.I have some pics of it here somewhere.Let me know how it works.

·
mmmmm.............Beer!!!
695 Posts
I agree with Jethro, although I'd run the tuner first. I'd also leave a space above the power amp for cooling and just get a blanking plate to cover the space.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts