Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in recording backing tracks: and equipment /software wise so far I have

A Yamaha Keyboard (for all the sounds)
External Microphone
Magix MusicStudio 14

However, I'm having trouble getting started as the recordings don't turn out great with the mic. There's too much hiss. I'd like help with how to produce a good quality recording without any hiss or the like.

Ideally, I would be thrilled if I knew how the record the sound directly from the Keyboard to the Laptop without any external sources which cause tinny sound / hiss etc. Is there any equipment which would make this possible?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm interested in recording backing tracks: and equipment /software wise so far I have

A Yamaha Keyboard (for all the sounds)
External Microphone
Magix MusicStudio 14

However, I'm having trouble getting started as the recordings don't turn out great with the mic. There's too much hiss. I'd like help with how to produce a good quality recording without any hiss or the like.

Ideally, I would be thrilled if I knew how the record the sound directly from the Keyboard to the Laptop without any external sources which cause tinny sound / hiss etc. Is there any equipment which would make this possible?
Are you plugging the microphone directly into the computer?

·
Registered
34 Posts
If possible, provide more details on your setup

laptop make/model
mic type/model
etc

ideally, you should invest in a better mic such as a shure condenser as they now provide USB connectivity. as to the hiss this may be due to your mic. If your only source/musical gear is your Yamaha then consider using Ableton Live 8.

Im assuming your using your mic for vocals exclusively - try using this VST called "blockfish" its free and works wonders

http://www.digitalfishphones.com/main.php?item=2&subItem=5

tc

Xavier

1 - 3 of 3 Posts