Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to make one plug-in work on multible tracks, Like if I have 4 channels of backing vocals and want to use one reverb, this will tax the computer way less the 4 open reverbs. I have searched the manual and cant find it, but I know it can be done thu aux or somehow. help?

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I don't know about pro tools but in cubase this is done by creating an fx channel/track and routing the desired tracks to it.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that got me closer - I dont have fx chnnls, I do have analog and ADAT interface and bus sends, and analog i/o and plug-ins under the inserts.

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Goport said:
I don't know about pro tools but in cubase this is done by creating an fx channel/track and routing the desired tracks to it.
Dude i dont create a fx track as such i just assign track to a group number , ie track 1 vocals , group 1 track 2 vocals group 1 track 3 vocals group 1 etc. you can assign other instruments or whatever to other group numbers , once you have done that you can apply effects to the group without lashing the chip. Is this how you do it ,cause i think im doing something wrong here ?

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
bluesplayer said:
Dude i dont create a fx track as such i just assign track to a group number , ie track 1 vocals , group 1 track 2 vocals group 1 track 3 vocals group 1 etc. you can assign other instruments or whatever to other group numbers , once you have done that you can apply effects to the group without lashing the chip. Is this how you do it ,cause i think im doing something wrong here ?
I do similar. I made a template containing 3 folder tracks: MIDI, Guitar and Vocals. I also creat a couple of fx channels. in each channel I drop in a few fx. for example, drums, I will add a compressor, gate, reverb etc. in the track properties it allows you to output to upto 8 fx channels (in SX) (all of which can contain up to 8 different fx). You can also choose how much wet/dry to apply of each fx channel.

This way you canmake an fx channel for vocal treatment, Guitar treatment, drum treatment etc. I am not sure if that is what you were asking but that is what I do :)

I have included a couple of screen grabs as an example.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You need to make a new "aux" track. Add the reverb you want on it. For the input pick a "BUS" (Arrow 1 in the pic). Now go to one of your VOX tracks and select the bus. (Arrow "2" in the pic) You should get a fader pop open. That is how you adjust the amount of VOX to go to the BUS you made. Now add the same BUS to each of the other tracks like you just did. Thats it.
Check this link for Groundwork at Digidesign. Franz's book is helpful.
http://digidesign.com/digizine/archive/digizine_february04/contents.cfm?body=feature/

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi,

Not a pro-tools user yet. But, can't you just set the effect you want up on a sub buss channel and then route the tracks you want to that sub buss? I have this feature in Guitar Tracks and use it all the time to save resources. I'm sure it has to be part of a program as big as pro-tools?

cos

1 - 10 of 10 Posts