·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This song was dedicated to the jumpers of 9-11-01
It's a prayer for them..

Flying with Doves
http://65.254.79.230/doves.wma

Now I would love to know ,if you hear anything more than what is done?
Like power chords. any kind of lead..

Should I tear it up at the end or just leave it all alone?

This song was made to sound just like a piano...listen to all 4 guitars,as if a piano was being played...

joey

·
Registered
303 Posts
i definately hear a haunting lead melody with some wammy bar dives...

ddue how do you make htese backing tracks? they fucking kick ass!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WELL ,

I have no clue..just like you I also hear lead in there...

but it's been this way for 3 years..I feel like I would be doing it for me and not the jumpers..But I do hear some crazy lynch stuff at the end.. :scratch:

joey

·
Registered
574 Posts
I might not be able to play lead but I heard alot of them going off in my head... Bluesy soulful leads... very very nice!

Janell

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LaceGuitarPlayer said:
I might not be able to play lead but I heard alot of them going off in my head... Bluesy soulful leads... very very nice!

Janell
Janell

Ok thanks ..this will help alot...

If you guys hear it ,than it should be there.

joey

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Something sounds like a choir on here (a mellotron?). What did you use for that? It's a very somber composition; I like the song, just not thinking about what inspired it. Some of the timing on this seems like it could be a little tighter; and it would be cool to hear this with some leads over top of it. Maybe you could approach another guitarist whose material you like for a collab?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ksdb said:
Something sounds like a choir on here (a mellotron?). What did you use for that? It's a very somber composition; I like the song, just not thinking about what inspired it. Some of the timing on this seems like it could be a little tighter; and it would be cool to hear this with some leads over top of it. Maybe you could approach another guitarist whose material you like for a collab?
The piano...

I just wanted to see if I could copy a piano...there are 4 guitars if you listen to all 4 you can hear the piano..

If you listen to what I did wrong you will miss it....

joey

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
joeydahlia said:
The piano...

I just wanted to see if I could copy a piano...there are 4 guitars if you listen to all 4 you can hear the piano..

If you listen to what I did wrong you will miss it....

joey
I'm hoping you didn't misunderstand my reply. I did listen very closely to see how closely your composition emulated a piano and my reply was directed at that.

I still heard something in the background that didn't sound like a guitar, unless you were using a guitar synthesizer, volume pedal or another effect for a choir type of sound. That part sounded a lot like a Mellotron to me. If it really was a guitar, then maybe you could share how you produced that sound. All the other guitar parts are much more apparent.

The subject of the piece was the part that I don't enjoy thinking about (jumpers).

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ksdb said:
I'm hoping you didn't misunderstand my reply. I did listen very closely to see how closely your composition emulated a piano and my reply was directed at that.

I still heard something in the background that didn't sound like a guitar, unless you were using a guitar synthesizer, volume pedal or another effect for a choir type of sound. That part sounded a lot like a Mellotron to me. If it really was a guitar, then maybe you could share how you produced that sound. All the other guitar parts are much more apparent.

sure you have to have a pod xt and my kustom acoustic simulation patch
called *the kleen harp*version 2 3 or 4 and must play on your front pickup..

here is a sample...of the tone(not the piano effect)

http://65.254.79.230/res.wma

if you play the strings open they will ring together like a piano..
if you play 2 or 3 notes like a chord they will sound like a chord from a piano..
more than 4 notes will sound more like a guitar..

joey

1 - 14 of 14 Posts