Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HERE IS THE COMPLETED \'ROCKTOBER\' JAM

Here it is...in the spirit of guitars101 there are varying levels of expertise on the track-this is what we're all about; slapping those on the back that put in sterling work and encouraging others along...NO-ONE should feel left out of a jam. The hardest part of mixing one of these is all the different levels and tones...some harsh, some warm...there may be a little bit of clipping but it's all there.

Here are the slots:

Slot 1 00:08 - 00:38 clowe
Slot 2 00:38 - 01:07 Flair
Slot 3 01:07 - 01:36 Stig
Slot 4 01:36 - 02:06 phil28uk
Slot 5 02:06 - 02:35 Dannyboy
Slot 6 02:35 - 03:05 Vintage Brat
Slot 7 03:05 - 03:35 GuitarPlayingPJ (electric and acoustic)
Slot 8 03:35 - 04:05 James Limborg
Slot 9 04:05 - 04:35 Pyro
Slot 10 04:35 - end Rilecomm

Thank you for your time. Start your engines Gentlemen please!

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Re: HERE IS THE COMPLETED \'ROCKTOBER\' JAM

Killer jam guys!!!!
Very tasty!!! Gr8 playing by all!!!
Chris....exlnt job on the mix!!!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts

BRAVO GUYS! Every moment was right on the money! There will be many listens for this one. I especially liked the transition between stig and phil28uk -very cool.
and one more for Wahwah

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts

I'm speechless at such a display of guitar wizardry, people!

You all kick much ass, each player in their own voice and tone.

I was very impressed with Stig's subtle phrasing that tells a lot with few notes.
Vintage Brat had great tone, James L used the harmonizer (sounds like it) and put the thick layers on his part. I really enjoyed everyone. (Please don't feel offended it I don't comment of each one of you.
Finally I'd like to say phil28UK sounded amazing...

Thanks for sharing folks! "thumb:

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts

WOW ! Im am just totally impressed with this . Awesome playin by everyone ! Great work puttin it all together 2 Wah ! Dunno how ya did it ! Keith yours sounds great ! It all rocks Im saving this one !

·
Registered
2,634 Posts

It took a few times for all this to sink in. DAMN GOOD JOB GUYS. Smooth as a babys ass and flows perfect. Would never guess this wasnt choreographed to the last note.
My congrats to all. Perfect transitions.
Stig Phil.... damn guys. such perfection , Kudos to dannyboy . PJ you got my respects for the dual part. James. nice job your playing merits a bow. Clowe and Flair perfect guys. Pyro and Rile. nice job ending this thing. Nothin but total badassness to borrow the M/J signshop analogy.
Its an honor to be heard in the same track as you guys.
Hats off to you all.
Keith
Humbled VGB

·
Registered
2,634 Posts

Hey Wah Wah., didnt leave ya out bro.... AWESOME JOB MIXING ALL US. You Rock man. have no idea how you do it so well, but dont change a damn thing man.
We all owe ya big time. and yeah. I think thats worthy of a nice Les Paul..lol.

Keith
VGB

·
Registered
5,264 Posts

You can use that anolgy when ever ya need to VB lol and it defintly fits here and I totally agree this was fckin badassness on display!!!!!!
Totally amazing job by all you guys, you kicked much ass and wahwah awesome job on the mixing, this gets saved!!!

·
Registered
886 Posts

As per usual it rocks. Everyone sound sweet on it and I especially love Dannyboy's playing on this one. Also James Limborg's weird playing strangely enough fits and guitar playingpj's transition from electric to acoustic. Great mixing too wahwah.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts

Great job...very smooth mixing of all parts which were loaded with tasteful licks....some real soul in this one...great!!!

G

·

man that was pretty awesome.
i feel pretty odd being next to james limborg makeing all those van halen animal sounds..

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts

What an awesome job by all. Special thanx to wah for mixing all this and making it work.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Damn major ass kicking: flair, stig, phil28uk, dannyboy, vintage brat, guitar playing pj, james limburg,
pyro, rilecom. and phenominal mixing wah wah. I shall tuck my tail and run now.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts

awesome stuff .. definately the most fun jam i've had the pleasure of taking part in !

phil mate your part was totally kick ass ! nice work ! .. and james limborg .. stiglar thought your part was amazing ... i liked that really bright tone you had vintage brat and i thought rilecoms outro was pretty cool too .. nice work everyone !

awesome jam !

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts

oh yeah and thanks wah for splicing this all together .. i think this is the biggest jam yet ! so getting all the parts in and in the right times is a big job thanks mate !

1 - 20 of 112 Posts