Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HERE IS THE \'ROCKTOBER\' JAM!!! SIGN UP.

Ok, I've split this into 10 parts all of about 30 seconds each. I hope you guys feel 30 seconds is adequate to say your thing because I couldn't find a fairer way of splitting it (except to make it 4 parts only, which would mean we'd be oversubscribed about 4 times!)

It's a ballad and needs some FEEL this month guys. As vhfan said, if we have more names than needed on this one, between us we'll arrange a 'nother one or two. Lets wait and see how many people are interested in joining first.

My main GRIPE in these jams is people saying they wanna slot and then they DISSAPEAR to Fiji or something! If you are not 100% sure you can get the thing done in say, a week, PLEASE DON'T CLAIM A SLOT!

I'm not that concerned about doing it the same way as vhfan with regard to timing BUT I would like the following:

Your part with the backing track so I can match you up perfect
Your part by itself so I can mix the levels.

Please e-mail me at [email protected] its an ADSL line so don't worry about the filesize but stick to 44.1 at 128kbs/ps.

These are the slots...if the consensus comes back that they are too short, we'll have to go along the lines of 4 jammers to a track where each part will be about 1min30secs but this will cause a lot of work. Let me know your thoughts

Slot 1 00:08 - 00:38 clowe
Slot 2 00:38 - 01:07 Flair
Slot 3 01:07 - 01:36 Stig DONE
Slot 4 01:36 - 02:06 phil28uk DONE
Slot 5 02:06 - 02:35 Dannyboy DONE
Slot 6 02:35 - 03:05 Vintage Brat DONE
Slot 7 03:05 - 03:35 GuitarPlayingPJ DONE
Slot 8 03:35 - 04:05 James Limborg DONE
Slot 9 04:05 - 04:35 Pyro DONE
Slot 10 04:35 - end Rilecomm DONE

Thanks guys
Chris. (wahwah)

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Re: HERE IS THE \'ROCKTOBER\' JAM!!! SIGN UP.

30 seconds does sound kind of short.

You can count me in for a slot this time for sure - no pulling out. If this is the track we'll use I can do my part this weekend. I'm downloading the track right now.

30 seconds might be kind of short - but it would* give a lot of players a chance - and it might make the song more interesting.

·
Registered
631 Posts

Hey Wah you said you have this new jam divided up into 10 parts of about 30 seconds each? The track is 5:16 long wouldn't that be about 51.6 secs each?
And could i have slot 10 or is that being too foward?

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

[ QUOTE ]
Rilecomm said:
Hey Wah you said you have this new jam divided up into 10 parts of about 30 seconds each? The track is 5:16 long wouldn't that be about 51.6 secs each?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried to reply, first to the thread about 30 parts of 10 seconds each
Now you want the final slot! Ok, it's not taken...I'll change the top post. You're no.10.

·
Registered
631 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
wahwah said:
[ QUOTE ]
Rilecomm said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried to reply, first to the thread about 30 parts of 10 seconds each
Now you want the final slot! Ok, it's not taken...I'll change the top post. You're no.10.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sry for jumping on this with all the questions and request, maybe i should just let you run it like and quit rockin' the boat!

·
Registered
7,615 Posts

Hi Wahwah,

Lovely track ! Let me play around with it, and see if I can get a feel for it. At first listen, it seems bastard hard ! Weird timing and changes...

I'm mildly interested, but please assign the slots to others as and when, as normal. If they're all assigned before I can get a feel for it, then tough luck on me

However, at this stage, I'd hate to say yay
only to discover I can't come up with anything that would fit, leaving me to submit something sub-standard, or have to pull out.

Saying that, I'm pretty fucking cooking at the moment, so nothing seems beyond my reach (just don't mention Eruption though, okay ?
)

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

[ QUOTE ]
mondola said:
Hi Wahwah,

Lovely track ! Let me play around with it, and see if I can get a feel for it. At first listen, it seems bastard hard ! Weird timing and changes...

I'm mildly interested, but please assign the slots to others as and when, as normal. If they're all assigned before I can get a feel for it, then tough luck on me

However, at this stage, I'd hate to say yay
only to discover I can't come up with anything that would fit, leaving me to submit something sub-standard, or have to pull out.

Saying that, I'm pretty fucking cooking at the moment, so nothing seems beyond my reach (just don't mention Eruption though, okay ?
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Mondy, I'll wait on and see what you thinkin' later on. As I said, vhfan can take another one on board if he likes if we're oversubscribed...did I mention it was $100 for each person!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.